NBC Cancels 'Betty White's Off Their Rockers'
NBC has pulled the plug on "Betty White's Off Their Rockers". Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that the network has decided not to pick up the veteran comedienne-hosted prank show for a third season.
The reality comedy series, which wrapped up its second and now final season on July 9, featured Emmy and Golden Globe-winning actress Betty White overseeing eldery people playing pranks on younger ones. The show launched in January 2012 coinciding with an NBC special to celebrate White's 90th birthday and began airing in its regular slot in April the same year.
The first episode drew 12.3 million viewers and a 2.6 rating in the 18-49 demo but the number dropped significantly for the following episodes. The last episode was down 33% compared to first season finale though it's up 25% from the July 2 outing, which was the series low.
News of "Off Their Rockers" cancellation comes around the same time NBC picked up new family game show, "Wall of Fame". The network has ordered eight hourlong episodes from the series, which "offers something for everyone in a unique game-show format that rewards families who know their pop-culture trivia," says NBC president of alternative and late-night programming Paul Telegdy.
He adds of the show from Endemol USA, which has also produced "Deal or No Deal" and "Wipeout", "Our celebrities will add an extra element of surprise as they too will have their knowledge tested -- providing a high potential for many unpredictable and raucous answers."
NBC has previously greenlit two new game shows, "Hollywood Game Night" which is set to premeire July 11 with Jane Lynch as the host, and "The Million Second Quiz" scheduled to bow this fall with Ryan Seacrest in talks to host.
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album