Comedy Central Roast of James Franco to Premiere on Labor Day
Comedy Central has announced a premiere date of James Franco roast shortly after the actor broke the news. The special will be taped in Los Angeles in August, but won't air until Labor Day, which takes place September 2 this year.
"If only James Franco was a more successful, multi-hyphenated, incessant creative risk taker in different media, he'd be the perfect person to roast," Kent Alterman, President, Content Development & Original Programming of Comedy Central, jokingly says, "Oh well... I suppose we'll just have to make do."
Franco also says, "I've dreamed about this Roast for as long as I can remember." The star/writer/director of upcoming movie "As I Lay Dying" previously told his Twitter followers via an Instagram video, "Hey y'all, what's up? I'm gonna get roasted on Comedy Central. Be sure to check it out. They wanted me to tell you that."
Academy Award-nominated actor Franco recently graced the big screen through "Oz the Great and Powerful", "Spring Breakers" and "This Is the End" among others. He will next appear in "Lovelace", where he portrays young Hugh Hefner.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says