Comedy Central Roast of James Franco to Premiere on Labor Day
Comedy Central has announced a premiere date of James Franco roast shortly after the actor broke the news. The special will be taped in Los Angeles in August, but won't air until Labor Day, which takes place September 2 this year.
"If only James Franco was a more successful, multi-hyphenated, incessant creative risk taker in different media, he'd be the perfect person to roast," Kent Alterman, President, Content Development & Original Programming of Comedy Central, jokingly says, "Oh well... I suppose we'll just have to make do."
Franco also says, "I've dreamed about this Roast for as long as I can remember." The star/writer/director of upcoming movie "As I Lay Dying" previously told his Twitter followers via an Instagram video, "Hey y'all, what's up? I'm gonna get roasted on Comedy Central. Be sure to check it out. They wanted me to tell you that."
Academy Award-nominated actor Franco recently graced the big screen through "Oz the Great and Powerful", "Spring Breakers" and "This Is the End" among others. He will next appear in "Lovelace", where he portrays young Hugh Hefner.
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves
- Stan Lee Supports Zendaya to Portray Mary Jane in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Bring Thor and Loki to Children Hospital in Australia
- Kendall Jenner Flaunts Her Booty in Unpublished Vogue Pic
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.10 Preview: The Kidnapper Gets Attacked
- Iggy Azalea Hits Recording Studio With Verse Simmonds