Comedy Central Roast of James Franco to Premiere on Labor Day
Comedy Central has announced a premiere date of James Franco roast shortly after the actor broke the news. The special will be taped in Los Angeles in August, but won't air until Labor Day, which takes place September 2 this year.
"If only James Franco was a more successful, multi-hyphenated, incessant creative risk taker in different media, he'd be the perfect person to roast," Kent Alterman, President, Content Development & Original Programming of Comedy Central, jokingly says, "Oh well... I suppose we'll just have to make do."
Franco also says, "I've dreamed about this Roast for as long as I can remember." The star/writer/director of upcoming movie "As I Lay Dying" previously told his Twitter followers via an Instagram video, "Hey y'all, what's up? I'm gonna get roasted on Comedy Central. Be sure to check it out. They wanted me to tell you that."
Academy Award-nominated actor Franco recently graced the big screen through "Oz the Great and Powerful", "Spring Breakers" and "This Is the End" among others. He will next appear in "Lovelace", where he portrays young Hugh Hefner.
More James Franco News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris