Comedy Central Roast of James Franco to Premiere on Labor Day
Comedy Central has announced a premiere date of James Franco roast shortly after the actor broke the news. The special will be taped in Los Angeles in August, but won't air until Labor Day, which takes place September 2 this year.
"If only James Franco was a more successful, multi-hyphenated, incessant creative risk taker in different media, he'd be the perfect person to roast," Kent Alterman, President, Content Development & Original Programming of Comedy Central, jokingly says, "Oh well... I suppose we'll just have to make do."
Franco also says, "I've dreamed about this Roast for as long as I can remember." The star/writer/director of upcoming movie "As I Lay Dying" previously told his Twitter followers via an Instagram video, "Hey y'all, what's up? I'm gonna get roasted on Comedy Central. Be sure to check it out. They wanted me to tell you that."
Academy Award-nominated actor Franco recently graced the big screen through "Oz the Great and Powerful", "Spring Breakers" and "This Is the End" among others. He will next appear in "Lovelace", where he portrays young Hugh Hefner.
More James Franco News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival