Comedy Central Roast of James Franco to Premiere on Labor Day
Comedy Central has announced a premiere date of James Franco roast shortly after the actor broke the news. The special will be taped in Los Angeles in August, but won't air until Labor Day, which takes place September 2 this year.
"If only James Franco was a more successful, multi-hyphenated, incessant creative risk taker in different media, he'd be the perfect person to roast," Kent Alterman, President, Content Development & Original Programming of Comedy Central, jokingly says, "Oh well... I suppose we'll just have to make do."
Franco also says, "I've dreamed about this Roast for as long as I can remember." The star/writer/director of upcoming movie "As I Lay Dying" previously told his Twitter followers via an Instagram video, "Hey y'all, what's up? I'm gonna get roasted on Comedy Central. Be sure to check it out. They wanted me to tell you that."
Academy Award-nominated actor Franco recently graced the big screen through "Oz the Great and Powerful", "Spring Breakers" and "This Is the End" among others. He will next appear in "Lovelace", where he portrays young Hugh Hefner.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'