'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Debuts Official Look at Electro, Andrew Garfield Wants Spidey to Be Gay
How Jamie Foxx looks like as villain Electro in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" has been revealed before through some snaps taken from the filming location. However, the first official image of the bad guy now graces the cover of Entertainment Weekly mag. As seen in the image, the furious-looking Electro meets his archenemy and the titular hero face to face.
The mag additionally provides interesting tidbits from an interview with leading man Andrew Garfield. The actor reveals that he wants a new take on the relationship between Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson, saying, "I was kind of joking, but kind of not joking about MJ. And I was like, 'What if MJ is a dude?' Why can't we discover that Peter is exploring his sexuality?"
The on- and off-screen boyfriend of Emma Stone continues, "It's hardly even groundbreaking! So why can't he be gay? Why can't he be into boys?" The British-raised actor even mentions a name of who he thinks will be the perfect male MJ, "Fruitvale Station" star Michael B. Jordan.
"I've been obsessed with [him] since 'The Wire'. He's so charismatic and talented. It'd be even better - we'd have interracial bisexuality!" he admits.
Set for a 2014 release, "Amazing Spider-Man 2" will also be villainized by Rhino. Green Goblin, Black Cat and Vulture are rumored to be featured as well.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy