'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Debuts Official Look at Electro, Andrew Garfield Wants Spidey to Be Gay
How Jamie Foxx looks like as villain Electro in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" has been revealed before through some snaps taken from the filming location. However, the first official image of the bad guy now graces the cover of Entertainment Weekly mag. As seen in the image, the furious-looking Electro meets his archenemy and the titular hero face to face.
The mag additionally provides interesting tidbits from an interview with leading man Andrew Garfield. The actor reveals that he wants a new take on the relationship between Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson, saying, "I was kind of joking, but kind of not joking about MJ. And I was like, 'What if MJ is a dude?' Why can't we discover that Peter is exploring his sexuality?"
The on- and off-screen boyfriend of Emma Stone continues, "It's hardly even groundbreaking! So why can't he be gay? Why can't he be into boys?" The British-raised actor even mentions a name of who he thinks will be the perfect male MJ, "Fruitvale Station" star Michael B. Jordan.
"I've been obsessed with [him] since 'The Wire'. He's so charismatic and talented. It'd be even better - we'd have interracial bisexuality!" he admits.
Set for a 2014 release, "Amazing Spider-Man 2" will also be villainized by Rhino. Green Goblin, Black Cat and Vulture are rumored to be featured as well.
- Will Smith Deals With Mythical Creatures in 'Bright' First Teaser
- Ryan Gosling, Felicity Jones, Emma Stone and More Read Oscars Edition of 'Mean Tweets'
- John Legend Performs 'La La Land' Soundtracks Perfectly at Oscars
- Ariana Grande Gets People Making Out in Public in 'Everyday' Music Video Ft. Future
- Warren Beatty Is the New Steve Harvey After Oscar Best Picture Flub
- Pregnant Cheryl Moves In With Beau Liam Payne as They Prepare for Baby's Arrival
- Kylie Jenner Is Rushing to Get Married to Tyga
- New 'Doctor Who' Season 10 Trailer Features New Companion