Adam Lambert Joins 'Glee' Season 5
Another former "American Idol" finalist is signing up for "Glee". After season 11's runner-up Jessica Sanchez landed a multi-episode arc in the last season of the FOX musical series, Adam Lambert is now set to star on the scripted drama show in the upcoming season 5.
Breaking the news of Lambert's appearance on the Lea Michele-starrer was none other than the show's creator, Ryan Murphy. "I am thrilled to announce that the super talented Adam Lambert is joining the cast of Glee this fall," he wrote on his Twitter.
It's unclear what character Lambert will play or whether his role is a guesting, recurring or series regular. Words are, the "Idol" season 8's runner-up's involvement in "Glee" makes it unlikely that he will join "Idol" as a judge in the forthcoming season.
This won't be Lambert's first gig on scripted series. The "Whataya Want from Me" hitmaker has previously appeared as himself in "Pretty Little Liars" season 3 Halloween episode, during which he also performed two songs.
"Glee" is set to return with the new season Thursday, September 19 at 9/8c on FOX. The show recently promoted Melissa Benoist, Jacob Artist, Becca Tobin, Blake Jenner and Alex Newell to become series regulars, replacing Heather Morris, Mark Salling, Amber Riley and Harry Shum Jr. who won't return as series regulars.
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie