Adam Lambert Joins 'Glee' Season 5
Another former "American Idol" finalist is signing up for "Glee". After season 11's runner-up Jessica Sanchez landed a multi-episode arc in the last season of the FOX musical series, Adam Lambert is now set to star on the scripted drama show in the upcoming season 5.
Breaking the news of Lambert's appearance on the Lea Michele-starrer was none other than the show's creator, Ryan Murphy. "I am thrilled to announce that the super talented Adam Lambert is joining the cast of Glee this fall," he wrote on his Twitter.
It's unclear what character Lambert will play or whether his role is a guesting, recurring or series regular. Words are, the "Idol" season 8's runner-up's involvement in "Glee" makes it unlikely that he will join "Idol" as a judge in the forthcoming season.
This won't be Lambert's first gig on scripted series. The "Whataya Want from Me" hitmaker has previously appeared as himself in "Pretty Little Liars" season 3 Halloween episode, during which he also performed two songs.
"Glee" is set to return with the new season Thursday, September 19 at 9/8c on FOX. The show recently promoted Melissa Benoist, Jacob Artist, Becca Tobin, Blake Jenner and Alex Newell to become series regulars, replacing Heather Morris, Mark Salling, Amber Riley and Harry Shum Jr. who won't return as series regulars.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers