Adam Lambert Joins 'Glee' Season 5
Another former "American Idol" finalist is signing up for "Glee". After season 11's runner-up Jessica Sanchez landed a multi-episode arc in the last season of the FOX musical series, Adam Lambert is now set to star on the scripted drama show in the upcoming season 5.
Breaking the news of Lambert's appearance on the Lea Michele-starrer was none other than the show's creator, Ryan Murphy. "I am thrilled to announce that the super talented Adam Lambert is joining the cast of Glee this fall," he wrote on his Twitter.
It's unclear what character Lambert will play or whether his role is a guesting, recurring or series regular. Words are, the "Idol" season 8's runner-up's involvement in "Glee" makes it unlikely that he will join "Idol" as a judge in the forthcoming season.
This won't be Lambert's first gig on scripted series. The "Whataya Want from Me" hitmaker has previously appeared as himself in "Pretty Little Liars" season 3 Halloween episode, during which he also performed two songs.
"Glee" is set to return with the new season Thursday, September 19 at 9/8c on FOX. The show recently promoted Melissa Benoist, Jacob Artist, Becca Tobin, Blake Jenner and Alex Newell to become series regulars, replacing Heather Morris, Mark Salling, Amber Riley and Harry Shum Jr. who won't return as series regulars.
More Glee News
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two
- Oscars 2017: Lin-Manuel Miranda Cries Over Surprise 'Moana' Mash-Up Cover by 'Hamilton' Cast
- 'Aliens' Actor Bill Paxton Dies at 61, Celebs Pay Tribute on Twitter
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Gets the Party Started With Lively Performance
- Does Caitlyn Jenner Have a New Girlfriend?
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Photobombs Jessica Biel and Emma Stone
- Oscars 2017: Viola Davis Wins Best Supporting Actress