Adam Lambert Joins 'Glee' Season 5
Another former "American Idol" finalist is signing up for "Glee". After season 11's runner-up Jessica Sanchez landed a multi-episode arc in the last season of the FOX musical series, Adam Lambert is now set to star on the scripted drama show in the upcoming season 5.
Breaking the news of Lambert's appearance on the Lea Michele-starrer was none other than the show's creator, Ryan Murphy. "I am thrilled to announce that the super talented Adam Lambert is joining the cast of Glee this fall," he wrote on his Twitter.
It's unclear what character Lambert will play or whether his role is a guesting, recurring or series regular. Words are, the "Idol" season 8's runner-up's involvement in "Glee" makes it unlikely that he will join "Idol" as a judge in the forthcoming season.
This won't be Lambert's first gig on scripted series. The "Whataya Want from Me" hitmaker has previously appeared as himself in "Pretty Little Liars" season 3 Halloween episode, during which he also performed two songs.
"Glee" is set to return with the new season Thursday, September 19 at 9/8c on FOX. The show recently promoted Melissa Benoist, Jacob Artist, Becca Tobin, Blake Jenner and Alex Newell to become series regulars, replacing Heather Morris, Mark Salling, Amber Riley and Harry Shum Jr. who won't return as series regulars.
More Glee News
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs