Cote de Pablo to Quit 'NCIS' in Season 11
Cote de Pablo is going to leave "NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service" after eight seasons. The actress and CBS announced her shocking depature on Wednesday, July 10. She will quit the show during the upcoming 11th installment after finishing Ziva's storyline.
"I've had 8 great years with 'NCIS' and Ziva David," de Pablo said in a statement. "I have huge respect and affection for Mark [Harmon], Gary [Glasberg], Michael [Weatherly], David [McCallum], Rocky [Carroll], Pauley [Perrette], Brian [Dietzen], Sean [Murray], all of the team and CBS. I look forward to finishing Ziva's story."
CBS added, "We respect Cote's decision, thank her for being an important part of the 'NCIS' team, and for eight terrific years playing Ziva David. Cote and CBS share a great respect for the 'NCIS' audience, and we look forward to working with her and the producers on appropriate closure in this chapter of Ziva's story."
de Pablo joined "NCIS" in season 3 following the departure of Sasha Alexander, whose character Caitlin Todd was killed off at the end of season 2. de Pablo was introduced as a former agent of the Israeli Mossad who left the organization to join NCIS.
In the season 10 finale, she and her team mates, Weatherly's Anthony DiNozzo and Murray's Timothy McGee, turned in their badges to defend Gibbs, who was about to stand trial. A possible romance between Ziva and Tony has also been teased in the past few seasons.
"NCIS" season 11 will kick off production next week for a scheduled premiere on September 24.
- Is Hailey Baldwin Dating Kendall Jenner's Ex Jordan Clarkson?
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo