Cote de Pablo to Quit 'NCIS' in Season 11
Cote de Pablo is going to leave "NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service" after eight seasons. The actress and CBS announced her shocking depature on Wednesday, July 10. She will quit the show during the upcoming 11th installment after finishing Ziva's storyline.
"I've had 8 great years with 'NCIS' and Ziva David," de Pablo said in a statement. "I have huge respect and affection for Mark [Harmon], Gary [Glasberg], Michael [Weatherly], David [McCallum], Rocky [Carroll], Pauley [Perrette], Brian [Dietzen], Sean [Murray], all of the team and CBS. I look forward to finishing Ziva's story."
CBS added, "We respect Cote's decision, thank her for being an important part of the 'NCIS' team, and for eight terrific years playing Ziva David. Cote and CBS share a great respect for the 'NCIS' audience, and we look forward to working with her and the producers on appropriate closure in this chapter of Ziva's story."
de Pablo joined "NCIS" in season 3 following the departure of Sasha Alexander, whose character Caitlin Todd was killed off at the end of season 2. de Pablo was introduced as a former agent of the Israeli Mossad who left the organization to join NCIS.
In the season 10 finale, she and her team mates, Weatherly's Anthony DiNozzo and Murray's Timothy McGee, turned in their badges to defend Gibbs, who was about to stand trial. A possible romance between Ziva and Tony has also been teased in the past few seasons.
"NCIS" season 11 will kick off production next week for a scheduled premiere on September 24.
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance Lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle