Guillermo del Toro Hopes to Reunite With Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Frankenstein'
Guillermo del Toro has already had a name of whom he would like to direct in "Frankenstein (2017)". In an interview with The Daily Telegraph (via NME), the "Pan's Labyrinth" helmer revealed that he wanted to team up with British actor Benedict Cumberbatch, who recently stole attention with his portrayal of Khan in "Star Trek Into Darkness".
The project has been under development since 2009, and del Toro has not attached any cast yet. Considering that he has wanted "Hellboy" actor Doug Jones to play the monster for years, "Sherlock" star Cumberbatch is likely expected to be Dr. Victor Frankenstein, the role he already played in the 2011 stage production of "Frankenstein" directed by Danny Boyle.
As of now, del Toro and Cumberbatch are set to join forces in "Crimson Peak", the upcoming horror thriller from Universal Pictures which will be released in April 2015. Charlie Hunnam, Jessica Chastain and Mia Wasikowska will be Cumberbatch's co-stars in it.
After "Star Trek Into Darkness", Cumberbatch will be seen in "12 Years a Slave" and "The Fifth Estate". Meanwhile, del Toro is now busy promoting "Pacific Rim", which will open this weekend, on July 12.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding