Guillermo del Toro Hopes to Reunite With Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Frankenstein'
Guillermo del Toro has already had a name of whom he would like to direct in "Frankenstein (2017)". In an interview with The Daily Telegraph (via NME), the "Pan's Labyrinth" helmer revealed that he wanted to team up with British actor Benedict Cumberbatch, who recently stole attention with his portrayal of Khan in "Star Trek Into Darkness".
The project has been under development since 2009, and del Toro has not attached any cast yet. Considering that he has wanted "Hellboy" actor Doug Jones to play the monster for years, "Sherlock" star Cumberbatch is likely expected to be Dr. Victor Frankenstein, the role he already played in the 2011 stage production of "Frankenstein" directed by Danny Boyle.
As of now, del Toro and Cumberbatch are set to join forces in "Crimson Peak", the upcoming horror thriller from Universal Pictures which will be released in April 2015. Charlie Hunnam, Jessica Chastain and Mia Wasikowska will be Cumberbatch's co-stars in it.
After "Star Trek Into Darkness", Cumberbatch will be seen in "12 Years a Slave" and "The Fifth Estate". Meanwhile, del Toro is now busy promoting "Pacific Rim", which will open this weekend, on July 12.
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes