Guillermo del Toro Hopes to Reunite With Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Frankenstein'
Guillermo del Toro has already had a name of whom he would like to direct in "Frankenstein (2017)". In an interview with The Daily Telegraph (via NME), the "Pan's Labyrinth" helmer revealed that he wanted to team up with British actor Benedict Cumberbatch, who recently stole attention with his portrayal of Khan in "Star Trek Into Darkness".
The project has been under development since 2009, and del Toro has not attached any cast yet. Considering that he has wanted "Hellboy" actor Doug Jones to play the monster for years, "Sherlock" star Cumberbatch is likely expected to be Dr. Victor Frankenstein, the role he already played in the 2011 stage production of "Frankenstein" directed by Danny Boyle.
As of now, del Toro and Cumberbatch are set to join forces in "Crimson Peak", the upcoming horror thriller from Universal Pictures which will be released in April 2015. Charlie Hunnam, Jessica Chastain and Mia Wasikowska will be Cumberbatch's co-stars in it.
After "Star Trek Into Darkness", Cumberbatch will be seen in "12 Years a Slave" and "The Fifth Estate". Meanwhile, del Toro is now busy promoting "Pacific Rim", which will open this weekend, on July 12.
- Tarek and Christina El Moussa 'Desperately Trying' to Stay in the Limelight by Eying Solo Shows
- Kylie Jenner Goes Makeup Free During a Day Out With Tyga
- Listen to Lana Del Rey's Long-Awaited Dreamy Song 'Love'
- Liam Payne Is Doing Home Renovation Before Cheryl Gives Birth
- Britney Spears Bares Her Naked Body in NSFW Instagram Pic
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.11 Sneak Peeks: What Happens to Dwight After Daryl's Escape?
- Madonna's New Twins Singing 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' Are Just Too Cute
- Report: Louis Tomlinson Rekindles Romance With Eleanor Calder Two Years After Split