Ryan Seacrest Close to Signing Up for 'Million Second Quiz'
Ryan Seacrest will likely add a new TV gig to his already packed schedule. The Emmy Award winner is reportedly close to reaching an agreement to host NBC's new reality competition series "The Million Second Quiz".
According to The Hollywood Reporter's sources, the 38-year-old's busy schedule is a complicating factor in reaching the deal, which will also make him an executive producer. In addition to "American Idol" and his daily radio show "On Air with Ryan Seacrest", he produces several reality shows on E!, including "Keeping Up with the Kardashians", and is already booked to serve as a special correspondent for "Today" and contribute to NBC's primetime coverage of the Olympics.
Picked up by NBC in April this year, "Million Second Quiz" is dubbed a groundbreaking reality series that will put contestants in a 24/7 live competition for 12 straight days. They will stay in a gigantic hourglass shaped structure in the heart of Manhattan as they compete for a cash prize of up to $10 million. The show will "test the limits of their knowledge, endurance and will to win as they battle each other in intense bouts of trivia."
"Million Second Quiz" is set to premiere on September 9 at 8/7c and air through September 14 in the same timeslot. It will then return on September 16 and air continuously until its finale on September 19.
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?