Selena Gomez's 'Love Will Remember' Samples Possible Justin Bieber Voicemail
Selena Gomez revealed in a recent interview that break-up anthem "Love Will Remember" from her forthcoming album "Stars Dance" was about her failed romance with teen heartthrob Justin Bieber. The song has leaked, and right on the intro, it samples a voicemail that sounds like Bieber in one of his calls to Gomez.
"Hey babe, it's me. I just want to call and tell you that I love you so, so, so, so much. I just wanted to let you know that you are my princess. You are worthy of all the love in the world. You are the love of my life," the mystery voice professes. Gomez then responds with a query, "You said you loved me/ I said I loved you back/ What happened to that?"
Unlike other break-up songs, Gomez's Rock Mafia-produced "Love Will Remember" is not laced with bitterness nor anger but rather expresses more of sadness and longing. With lyrics like "All your promises/ And all the plans we had" and "The trips we dream of takin'/ The tags left on the map/ What happened to that?," the song does try to focus on the good times rather than the ugly split.
"I think it's a sweet way of releasing it," Gomez said about "the most personal track on the record." "It's not an aggressive approach to what people are probably expecting. I'm sure he'll love it too," the Disney-bred star said about her Bieber-inspired tune.
Selena Gomez's "Love Will Remember":
More Selena Gomez News
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months