Elisabeth Hasselbeck Exits 'The View' to Join 'Fox and Friends'
Elisabeth Hasselbeck is leaving "The View" after almost a decade on the show. ABC has confirmed that the 36-year-old television personality and "Survivor: The Australian Outback" contestant's last day on the talk show will be Wednesday, July 10.
"For a decade, Elisabeth Hasselbeck has brought her passion and strong beliefs to 'The View'," ABC says in a statement. "We watched her journey from newlywed to motherhood, an Emmy Award-winning talk show host, author, entrepreneur and activist. She stood behind her political views even if they were not the most popular opinions at the table never shying away from voicing a difficult question. We thank Elisabeth and wish her luck as she begins this new chapter of her career."
Barbara Walters, co-host and executive producer of "The View", adds, "When Elisabeth survived 'Survivor', we wanted to make sure she would stay afloat. We have had 10 wonderful years with her and she will now be swimming in new waters. We will miss her and wish her everything good."
Hasselbeck will next be seen on "Fox & Friends", replacing Gretchen Carlson as co-host beginning in mid-September. "Elisabeth's warm and engaging personality made her a star on The View," Fox News Chairman and CEO Roger Ailes says in a statement. "She has proven to be an excellent conversationalist and I am certain she will make a great addition to our already successful morning franchise."
She says of her new gig, "I have been a longtime fan of Fox & Friends and am excited to be joining their team in September as it is an honor to call the Fox News Channel my new television home."
Hasselbeck joined "The View" in November 2003, replacing former co-host Lisa Ling. Her departure marks another loss for the ABC talk show after Joy Behar announced that she would not renew her contract when it expires in August. Walters has also planned to retire in summer 2014.
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie