Amanda Bynes Shows Up in Court Wearing Sweat Pants and Blue Wig
Amanda Bynes stood out among the crowd in a New York courtroom Tuesday, July 9. Her outfit was actually a casual tank top and sweat pants combo with a pair of sneakers, but it was her long aqua-colored wig which called for attention at the Manhattan Criminal Court.
From the look of it, it seemed that the wig was actually a blonde one which was dyed blue. She has been wearing the fake hair for quite a while now since she moved to the Big Apple. Despite her antics, her friend Drake Bell insisted she's not crazy, but just had a "bad haircut."
Her new short haircut was exposed when the former Nickelodeon star posed for a mugshot after being arrested in her apartment on May 23. She was charged with reckless endangerment, attempted tampering with physical evidence and unlawful possession of marijuana.
Her court date on Tuesday was her second routine appearance in connection with the offenses. Wearing a full makeup on, oversized sunglasses and a Rolex watch which time was set for Friday afternoon, she was accompanied by her defense attorney Gerald Shargel during the legal proceeding.
No plea deal was offered by prosecutors during the hearing, but her team said they would work it out with the prosecutors. "All we told her (the judge) was that there was no resolution yet and she gave us a new date," said Ross Kramer, one of the lawyers in her team.
Judge Diana Boyar set a new court date for September 26 and set an August 26 deadline for filing motions to dismiss the charges.
It was not her only runs-in with the law. She was charged with two misdemeanor hit and run but was lucky to have it dismissed in a courthouse in Van Nuys, California. Last March, she was sentenced to three years of probation for driving on suspended license. She is still facing a DUI charge stemming from an April 2012 arrest.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal