George Clooney to Be Honored With BAFTA L.A.'s Stanley Kubrick Award
Actor/director George Clooney will be presented with the Stanley Kubrick Britannia Award for Excellence in Film. According to the July 9 announcement by the British Academy of Film and Television Arts Los Angeles, the award, presented by BBC America, will be handed on November 9 at the Beverly Hilton.
"George Clooney is without question one of our industry's true icons. His work has captivated audiences from all corners of the globe, and BAFTA Los Angeles is proud to be celebrating his immeasurable contributions to our craft," said BAFTA Los Angeles chairman Gary Dartnall in a statement.
"We are also especially pleased to be continuing our partnership with BBC America, whose support and primetime broadcast of the ceremony will ensure that viewers around the country will be able to celebrate the occasion with us."
The awards gala will air on BBC America on November 10 at 8 P.M. ET. Of the partnership, Perry Simon, GM of BBC America, said, "BBC America is pleased to continue a successful partnership with BAFTA Los Angeles by once again bringing this prestigious award ceremony to our viewers."
He added, "With some of the industry's biggest talent being honored from the U.S. and the U.K., the awards embody the spirit of our brand in every way."
Previous honorees of the Stanley Kubrick award include Tom Cruise, Daniel Day-Lewis, Robert De Niro, Clint Eastwood, Tom Hanks, George Lucas, Denzel Washington and Steven Spielberg.
More George Clooney News
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit