Randy Travis' Rep Clarifies Heart Surgery Report
A family member previously said Randy Travis underwent a heart surgery following his critical condition in a Texas hospital, but turned out that's not the case. According to the country singer's representative, he hasn't had the supposed heart surgery but did get a medical procedure in regards to his heart problems.
"We have been told he has had surgery," Teresa Traywick, the wife of Randy's brother Ricky Traywick, previously said in a statement. "Our prayers are going out to him because my husband just had a heart attack last year, so it is in their family."
"Their mother passed away at an early age with her heart, so it is like these boys are following right in their footsteps," Teresa continued. "My prayers are with them. That's all I can say right now."
Clarifying what Teresa said, Randy's rep Kirt Webster later states, "Contrary to reports, Randy Travis has not undergone heart surgery. Travis was admitted into a Texas hospital on Sunday and underwent placement of an IMPELLA peripheral left ventricular assist device for stabilization prior to transferring hospitals. The Grammy winner remains in critical condition."
To his fans, Webster says, "We are very thankful to the fans for their love and support during this time."
Randy was hospitalized Monday, July 8 for "suffering from complications of recently acquired viral cardiomyopathy." He was originally scheduled to play the Deadwood Mountain Grand in Deadwood, S.D. on Wednesday, but the gig has been cancelled.
Fellow celebrities sent their prayers and well wishes ever since the news broke out. Keith Urban tweeted, "Sending healing strength and love to you this morning @randytravis ľKU." Tracy Lawrence wrote, "Sending a get well message out to my buddy @randytravis tonight. Thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery."
Carrie Underwood, whom Randy collaborated with in Grammy winning single "I Told You So", tweeted, "Thinking about my friend, @randytravis, tonight. Hope he gets better soon..." Lance Armstrong posted a similar message, "Thoughts go out to @randytravis. Heal up soon my man! One of country music's greatest voices ever."
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab