Randy Travis' Rep Clarifies Heart Surgery Report
A family member previously said Randy Travis underwent a heart surgery following his critical condition in a Texas hospital, but turned out that's not the case. According to the country singer's representative, he hasn't had the supposed heart surgery but did get a medical procedure in regards to his heart problems.
"We have been told he has had surgery," Teresa Traywick, the wife of Randy's brother Ricky Traywick, previously said in a statement. "Our prayers are going out to him because my husband just had a heart attack last year, so it is in their family."
"Their mother passed away at an early age with her heart, so it is like these boys are following right in their footsteps," Teresa continued. "My prayers are with them. That's all I can say right now."
Clarifying what Teresa said, Randy's rep Kirt Webster later states, "Contrary to reports, Randy Travis has not undergone heart surgery. Travis was admitted into a Texas hospital on Sunday and underwent placement of an IMPELLA peripheral left ventricular assist device for stabilization prior to transferring hospitals. The Grammy winner remains in critical condition."
To his fans, Webster says, "We are very thankful to the fans for their love and support during this time."
Randy was hospitalized Monday, July 8 for "suffering from complications of recently acquired viral cardiomyopathy." He was originally scheduled to play the Deadwood Mountain Grand in Deadwood, S.D. on Wednesday, but the gig has been cancelled.
Fellow celebrities sent their prayers and well wishes ever since the news broke out. Keith Urban tweeted, "Sending healing strength and love to you this morning @randytravis ľKU." Tracy Lawrence wrote, "Sending a get well message out to my buddy @randytravis tonight. Thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery."
Carrie Underwood, whom Randy collaborated with in Grammy winning single "I Told You So", tweeted, "Thinking about my friend, @randytravis, tonight. Hope he gets better soon..." Lance Armstrong posted a similar message, "Thoughts go out to @randytravis. Heal up soon my man! One of country music's greatest voices ever."
- Amanda Seyfried and Husband Thomas Sadoski Welcome Their First Child
- Orlando Bloom's Holiday Companion Kristy Hinze Suffers Nip Slip in St. Barts
- Iggy Azalea Twerks All Over Hong Kong in 'Mo Bounce' Music Video
- Wonder Woman and Cyborg Unleash Their Powers in 'Justice League' New Teasers
- Kanye West Is Spoiling Kim Kardashian With Jewelries, but She 'Won't Wear Any of It'
- Topless Bella Thorne Channels Marilyn Monroe in Sultry Pic
- Kim Kardashian Is Blamed for 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Rating Flop
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser