Mos Def Undergoes Force-Feeding Demo as Part of Protest
Actor and recording artist Mos Def endures a painful force-feeding to protest against the procedure that is apparently being done on Guantanamo Bay prisoners going on hunger strike. The "Dexter" star underwent the demonstration as part of British human rights organization Reprieve's Stand for Justice aimed at ending the cruel practice at the detention camp.
Def, who was in full prisoner mode, dressed in the bright orange jumpsuit, was strapped to the chair including his head which was also being held down by medical assistants. As the lubricated tube was forced down his nostril going into his stomach, Def tears up and convulses in pain, prompting him to bail out even before the liquid nutrients could be fed to him.
"I really didn't know what to expect. I really couldn't take it," the 39-year-old social and political activist said after the ordeal. He describes the pain as so unbearable that it felt like his throat and nose were on fire but he bears it for the footage that released by Reprieve for the benefit of Guantanamo Bay prisoners participating in a months-long ongoing hunger strike in the facility.
Mos Def has, for many years, been active in several socio-political causes, among them his 2005 criticism of the Bush administration for its handling of the Hurricane Katrina tragedy, his guest appearances on "Real Time with Bill Maher", speaking against racism against African-Americans in 2007 and about the risk of nuclear weapons in 2009.
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service
- Report: Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Expecting Second Child
- Get a Look at Various Aliens and Creatures in Stunning 'Valerian' Final Trailer
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia
- VIXX's Ken Gets Blasted for Writing Curse Words in Official Video