'The Bachelorette' Recap: Surprise Visitors and the L-Word
Desiree Hartsock took the five remaining guys to the island of Madeira in Portugal in the July 8 episode of "The Bachelorette". Before going on three one-on-one dates and a two-on-one date, the bridal stylist got a surprise visit from her former "Bachelor" love rivals, Catherine Giudici, who is now engaged to "Bachelor" star Sean Lowe, Lesley Murphy and Jackie Parr.
The three girls quizzed Des about how she had been doing so far with the boys. She revealed that she fell in love with more than one person and thought it was weird she soon would be the bride herself. During the girl talk, it was revealed that Des named Chris the most athletic one while Zak was described as the most adventurous.
Des began her first one-on-one date with Brooks. The pair went up the mountains for a romantic picnic in the clouds. She later made a confession in front of the camera. "I can picture my life with Brooks after this. At this moment I'm falling in love," she said.
Chris got the second one-on-one date card and went with her to a "deserted island" on a huge yacht. There, the affectionate couple exchanged poems and even made one together to put in a bottle and throw it into the water. At night, Chris prepared a surprise for Des through another poem he wrote.
"In every kiss, I truly mean that I love you," the last line of the poem read, leaving Des completely moved. "I wasn't expecting him to say those words ... but it couldn't have been any better," the brunette beauty later told the camera. "I could picture a life with him, and it's exciting."
Michael was the next suitor to have a private date with Des for the first time. After going sledding, he opened up about some emotional stories of his life, including his battle with Type I diabetes. "Michael is one of the greatest guys I ever met," she said to the camera.
Drew and Zak finally got their turn for a two-on-one date and Des brought them to the go-karting track to have a race. Though Zak was the one who won the race, it was Drew who ended up getting the only rose of the night.
The final rose ceremony finally came, and Des had another tough decision to make. She eventually handed roses to everyone except Michael. "I'm heartbroken," the federal prosecutor admitted.
More The Bachelorette News
- New Couple Alert! Bow Wow Reportedly Dating This Blonde Reality Star
- The First Heart-Wrenching Trailer of 'Wonder' Sees Julia Roberts, Owen Wilson and Jacob Tremblay
- Chris Cornell's Wife Pens Letter to Late Singer: 'I Will Stand Up for You'
- Gucci Mane Shares 'Drop Top Wop' Release Date and Track List, Premieres New Video 'Hurt Feelings'
- Odell Beckham Jr. and Iggy Azalea Are Cozying Up in Romantic Bowling Date
- Kim Kardashian Posts Sweet Tribute to 'Best Husband' Kanye West on 3-Year Anniversary
- 'John Wick 3' Script Is Being Written, Filming May Begin Later This Year
- Florida Georgia Line to Perform With The Chainsmokers at the 2017 CMT Music Awards