Pro-LGBT Group Launches Campaign to Boycott 'Ender's Game'
A movement to boycott Lionsgate's upcoming sci-fi movie "Ender's Game" emerges online. A pro-LGBT group named Geeks Out has recently launched an online protest campaign named "Skip Ender's Game" against author Orson Scott Card's anti-gay views. It urges people to show their supports by not watching the feature adaptation of his 1985 novel when released on November 1.
"Do not buy a ticket at the theater, do not purchase the DVD, do not watch it on-demand. Ignore all merchandise and toys. However much you may have admired his books, keep your money out of Orson Scott Card's pockets," the group implores. It additionally will host a series of "Skip Ender's Game" events in several cities including Chicago and New York on the same day as the movie's debut.
"By pledging to 'Skip Ender's Game', we can send a clear and serious message to Card and those that do business with his brand of anti-gay activism - whatever he's selling, we're not buying," the organization adds.
Scott Card has been at the forefront of the anti-gay marriage movement. In 2009, he joined the board of the National Organization for Marriage (NOM), which has actively opposed same-sex marriage. The 61-year-old author later wrote an essay in the Mormon Times to reaffirm his stance on the controversial issue.
"Marriage has only one definition, and any government that attempts to change it is my mortal enemy. I will act to destroy that government and bring it down," he argued as cited by The Hollywood Reporter.
The pic is directed and written by Gavin Hood. Asa Butterfield and Harrison Ford star in it.
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?