Diane Kruger Talks About 'Punishing Boys' Before Romance With Joshua Jackson
Actress Diane Kruger may now be enjoying a blissful, six-year romance with fellow actor Joshua Jackson, but in a new interview, the 36-year-old former fashion model revealed that she first had to endure a lot of problematic relationships before she finally found her one true love. She attributes the long and painful process to her lack of a father figure.
"I punished many boys for my lack of a father figure. And I'm sure I dated many men who were much older than the men I should have been dating," said Kruger. She admitted to having gone through therapy to address those issues and sort out her life, on her way to finding someone she could have a family with eventually.
"I'm grateful that I met a person who feel the same not just about me but also about our relationship," the "Troy" leading lady beamed about her current beau. She credits their long-running romance to timing, saying, "The hard part is timing. When you meet someone, are you ready to make them your number one priority? There's never going to be a role more interesting than my own life."
The "Inglourious Basterds" star had a much-publicized divorce after a five-year marriage with French director Guillaume Canet before finding her way to Jackson. Canet was quick to recover from the bitter divorce by hooking up with Oscar-winning actress Marion Cotillard while Kruger was so devastated from it she swore she would never get married again.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie