Diane Kruger Talks About 'Punishing Boys' Before Romance With Joshua Jackson
Actress Diane Kruger may now be enjoying a blissful, six-year romance with fellow actor Joshua Jackson, but in a new interview, the 36-year-old former fashion model revealed that she first had to endure a lot of problematic relationships before she finally found her one true love. She attributes the long and painful process to her lack of a father figure.
"I punished many boys for my lack of a father figure. And I'm sure I dated many men who were much older than the men I should have been dating," said Kruger. She admitted to having gone through therapy to address those issues and sort out her life, on her way to finding someone she could have a family with eventually.
"I'm grateful that I met a person who feel the same not just about me but also about our relationship," the "Troy" leading lady beamed about her current beau. She credits their long-running romance to timing, saying, "The hard part is timing. When you meet someone, are you ready to make them your number one priority? There's never going to be a role more interesting than my own life."
The "Inglourious Basterds" star had a much-publicized divorce after a five-year marriage with French director Guillaume Canet before finding her way to Jackson. Canet was quick to recover from the bitter divorce by hooking up with Oscar-winning actress Marion Cotillard while Kruger was so devastated from it she swore she would never get married again.
- Comic-Con: New 'Marvel's The Defenders' Trailer Brings Back Elektra as Villain
- Usher Sued for $10 Million After Allegedly Exposing Another Woman to Herpes
- Kylie Jenner Is Afraid Tyga Will Release Their Intimate Videos 'Out of Spite'
- Royal Tantrum! Princess Charlotte Cries and Refuses to Board Helicopter in Hamburg
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' New Season 7 Trailer Sees Melisandre's Return
- Listen to Cara Delevingne's Sultry Song From 'Valerian' Soundtrack
- Comic-Con: Todd McFarlane Teams Up With 'Get Out' Producer for 'Spawn' Movie
- Jada Pinkett Smith on Swingers Rumors: I Wish I and Will Smith Were!