Diane Kruger Talks About 'Punishing Boys' Before Romance With Joshua Jackson
Actress Diane Kruger may now be enjoying a blissful, six-year romance with fellow actor Joshua Jackson, but in a new interview, the 36-year-old former fashion model revealed that she first had to endure a lot of problematic relationships before she finally found her one true love. She attributes the long and painful process to her lack of a father figure.
"I punished many boys for my lack of a father figure. And I'm sure I dated many men who were much older than the men I should have been dating," said Kruger. She admitted to having gone through therapy to address those issues and sort out her life, on her way to finding someone she could have a family with eventually.
"I'm grateful that I met a person who feel the same not just about me but also about our relationship," the "Troy" leading lady beamed about her current beau. She credits their long-running romance to timing, saying, "The hard part is timing. When you meet someone, are you ready to make them your number one priority? There's never going to be a role more interesting than my own life."
The "Inglourious Basterds" star had a much-publicized divorce after a five-year marriage with French director Guillaume Canet before finding her way to Jackson. Canet was quick to recover from the bitter divorce by hooking up with Oscar-winning actress Marion Cotillard while Kruger was so devastated from it she swore she would never get married again.
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes