Beyonce Knowles' Father Mathew Gets Married in Texas
Beyonce Knowles has a stepmother. His father Mathew Knowles is confirmed to have tied the knot for a second time last Sunday, June 30. His representative confirms to the Associated Press that he married former model Gena Charmaine Avery in Houston, Texas.
Mathew got divorced from Beyonce's mother Tina Knowles in 2009 after 29 years of marriage. Aside from his two children with his former wife, he also has a son from a relationship with actress Alexsandra Wright. His secret son was revealed after Tina filed for divorce.
It's unclear if his famous daughters Beyonce and Solange Knowles were present. The two who were usually avid users of social media kept unusually quiet about their father's nuptials. In fact, Solange hinted on Twitter that she was in a vacation in Dakar this past weekend.
Beyonce, meanwhile, just celebrated a party to celebrate her husband Jay-Z's new album "Magna Carta Holy Grail" in Brooklyn. The couple was joined by such guests as Timbaland, Nick Cannon, Tyson Beckford, Raekwon, and Adrienne Bailon.
Mathew was credited for helping Bey and her group Destiny's Child to stardom. He was released as her manager in 2011. He has been engaged to Gena for a year and a half before making it official at the altar.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked