Kaya Scodelario 'Tempted' to Play Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' Reboot
After rumored to have been cast as Lara Croft in MGM and GK Films' "Tomb Raider" reboot, Kaya Scodelario has recently spoken out to dismiss the false reports. In an interview with Total Film, the Effy Stonem depicter on "Skins" admitted that she was completely stunned by the news.
"I know - I don't know where the f**k that's come from! Imagine having to take over from Angelina Jolie - you just couldn't, could you?," 21-year-old Scodelario told the site. "My auntie rang me up and was like, 'Kaya, I've just seen on Google that ...' I'd literally not heard a whisper about that, at all."
Even so, the actress, who is currently filming "The Maze Runner", revealed that she still had an interest in taking on the role of arguably the most famous heroine in video games. "Would I be tempted? A little bit," she said.
"That would be quite fun. Give me a couple of years to get my fitness up first, and then maybe I'll tackle that one, but I've no idea where that's come from at all."
The new "Tomb Raider" will focus on Lara Croft's early years as an adventurer. GK Films founder Graham King will serve as producer for the pic, which will be penned by "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" scribe Marti Noxon.
More Untitled Tomb Raider Reboot News
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo
- 'T.I. and Tiny: The Family Hustle' Is Renewed for Season 6 Amid Their Divorce Drama
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Cozying Up to Mystery Brunette Days Before Katy Perry Split