Kaya Scodelario 'Tempted' to Play Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' Reboot
After rumored to have been cast as Lara Croft in MGM and GK Films' "Tomb Raider" reboot, Kaya Scodelario has recently spoken out to dismiss the false reports. In an interview with Total Film, the Effy Stonem depicter on "Skins" admitted that she was completely stunned by the news.
"I know - I don't know where the f**k that's come from! Imagine having to take over from Angelina Jolie - you just couldn't, could you?," 21-year-old Scodelario told the site. "My auntie rang me up and was like, 'Kaya, I've just seen on Google that ...' I'd literally not heard a whisper about that, at all."
Even so, the actress, who is currently filming "The Maze Runner", revealed that she still had an interest in taking on the role of arguably the most famous heroine in video games. "Would I be tempted? A little bit," she said.
"That would be quite fun. Give me a couple of years to get my fitness up first, and then maybe I'll tackle that one, but I've no idea where that's come from at all."
The new "Tomb Raider" will focus on Lara Croft's early years as an adventurer. GK Films founder Graham King will serve as producer for the pic, which will be penned by "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" scribe Marti Noxon.
More Untitled Tomb Raider Reboot News
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital