Kaya Scodelario 'Tempted' to Play Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' Reboot
After rumored to have been cast as Lara Croft in MGM and GK Films' "Tomb Raider" reboot, Kaya Scodelario has recently spoken out to dismiss the false reports. In an interview with Total Film, the Effy Stonem depicter on "Skins" admitted that she was completely stunned by the news.
"I know - I don't know where the f**k that's come from! Imagine having to take over from Angelina Jolie - you just couldn't, could you?," 21-year-old Scodelario told the site. "My auntie rang me up and was like, 'Kaya, I've just seen on Google that ...' I'd literally not heard a whisper about that, at all."
Even so, the actress, who is currently filming "The Maze Runner", revealed that she still had an interest in taking on the role of arguably the most famous heroine in video games. "Would I be tempted? A little bit," she said.
"That would be quite fun. Give me a couple of years to get my fitness up first, and then maybe I'll tackle that one, but I've no idea where that's come from at all."
The new "Tomb Raider" will focus on Lara Croft's early years as an adventurer. GK Films founder Graham King will serve as producer for the pic, which will be penned by "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" scribe Marti Noxon.
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters