'So You Think You Can Dance' Changes Season 10 Results Format After Criticisms
"So You Think You Can Dance" which harshly announced elimination at the beginning of the last episode has decided to change the results format, taking into consideration viewers' complaints that came flooding their way after as soon as the contestants got cut.
"We're taking your advice by revealing America's vote in the beginning and judging at the end. I hope it will inspire the bottom 4? Thank you," producer/judge Nigel Lythgoe tweeted. "Now, wait until you find out who's judging #SYTYCD next week! I think there will be a lot of happy viewers."
The first results show of season 10 last Tuesday, July 2 kicked off with the announcement of the bottom 6. Those facing the chopping block were Carlos Garland, Brittany Cherry, Alan Bersten, Jade Zuberi, Makenzie Dustman, and Mariah Spears.
After Bersten and Dustman were declared safe, the rest of the at-risk dancers danced for their lives but Zuberi and Spears outshined Garland and Cherry who was immediately cut from the show. The two, however, was called back on stage to perform their scheduled routines despite their elimination, which was deemed by some viewers as a cruel twist.
The change in the controversial results format means the lowest vote-getters will still be announced at the beginning of the show but the elimination will be kept until all dance routines have been performed to determine who really deserve to be saved.
In addition to the redeeming tweaked elimination show, the next episode of "SYTYCD" will have a surprise judge. "The guest judge's first name begins with a consonant? He/She is American and has a birthday some time this year? #surprisesytycdguestjudge," Nigel teased.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal