Poster Artist Drew Struzan Movie Set to Make Its Debut at Comic-Con
"Drew: The Man Behind the Poster" will have its premiere at this year's San Diego Comic-Con. Deadline learns that the documentary about celebrated poster artist Drew Struzan will be premiered on Friday, July 19 at the Gaslamp 15 during the annual convention. Kino Lorber will release the pic in New York on August 16, followed by VOD this fall.
Directed by Erik P. Sharkey, the film takes fans much closer to Struzan, the man behind legendary posters for the "Indiana Jones" and "Star Wars" films. As teased in the official trailer, there will be appearances from the likes of George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, Harrison Ford and Guillermo del Toro to pay tribute to the prolific artist.
The movie is produced by Charles Ricciardi, Greg Boas and Erik Sharkey. It is revealed that Struzan, who is recognized too for his posters for "Blade Runner", "Hellboy", "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" and the "Police Academy" series, will also be on hand for a Comic-Con panel for the film.
Struzan announced his retirement in 2008. He has received a Life Career Award at the 2002 Saturn Award and won an Inkpot Award for Outstanding Achievement in Illustration.
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Hold Off Marriage: They're Just Happily Dating
- Mariah Carey Enjoying Birthday Beach Getaway With Bryan Tanaka - See the Romantic Pic!
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Sidelined From 'DWTS' Due to Injury. Watch How He Hurt His Calf
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings