Poster Artist Drew Struzan Movie Set to Make Its Debut at Comic-Con
"Drew: The Man Behind the Poster" will have its premiere at this year's San Diego Comic-Con. Deadline learns that the documentary about celebrated poster artist Drew Struzan will be premiered on Friday, July 19 at the Gaslamp 15 during the annual convention. Kino Lorber will release the pic in New York on August 16, followed by VOD this fall.
Directed by Erik P. Sharkey, the film takes fans much closer to Struzan, the man behind legendary posters for the "Indiana Jones" and "Star Wars" films. As teased in the official trailer, there will be appearances from the likes of George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, Harrison Ford and Guillermo del Toro to pay tribute to the prolific artist.
The movie is produced by Charles Ricciardi, Greg Boas and Erik Sharkey. It is revealed that Struzan, who is recognized too for his posters for "Blade Runner", "Hellboy", "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" and the "Police Academy" series, will also be on hand for a Comic-Con panel for the film.
Struzan announced his retirement in 2008. He has received a Life Career Award at the 2002 Saturn Award and won an Inkpot Award for Outstanding Achievement in Illustration.
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom
- Celebrity Police Unit to Be Discontinued Following Big Bang's T.O.P's Marijuana Scandal
- Cara Delevingne Says She Wants to Be James Bond Amid Bond Girl Rumors
- Johnny Depp Demands Claim He Has 'Psychological Issues' Removed From Court Record
- Cheeky! Emily Ratajkowski Flashes Ample Cleavage in Polka Dot Outfit
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Anthony Scaramucci Hiring as New White House Press Secretary