Poster Artist Drew Struzan Movie Set to Make Its Debut at Comic-Con
"Drew: The Man Behind the Poster" will have its premiere at this year's San Diego Comic-Con. Deadline learns that the documentary about celebrated poster artist Drew Struzan will be premiered on Friday, July 19 at the Gaslamp 15 during the annual convention. Kino Lorber will release the pic in New York on August 16, followed by VOD this fall.
Directed by Erik P. Sharkey, the film takes fans much closer to Struzan, the man behind legendary posters for the "Indiana Jones" and "Star Wars" films. As teased in the official trailer, there will be appearances from the likes of George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, Harrison Ford and Guillermo del Toro to pay tribute to the prolific artist.
The movie is produced by Charles Ricciardi, Greg Boas and Erik Sharkey. It is revealed that Struzan, who is recognized too for his posters for "Blade Runner", "Hellboy", "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" and the "Police Academy" series, will also be on hand for a Comic-Con panel for the film.
Struzan announced his retirement in 2008. He has received a Life Career Award at the 2002 Saturn Award and won an Inkpot Award for Outstanding Achievement in Illustration.
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign
- Beyonce and Caitlyn Jenner React to Donald Trump's Anti-Transgender Policy
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Casts JD Pardo as Leading Man
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Casting Scoops: Simone Biles and Mr. T to Compete in Season 24
- Matt Reeves Is Officially Announced to Direct 'The Batman', Ben Affleck Reacts
- Robert De Niro Has a Blowout Fight With Wife Grace Hightower