Poster Artist Drew Struzan Movie Set to Make Its Debut at Comic-Con
"Drew: The Man Behind the Poster" will have its premiere at this year's San Diego Comic-Con. Deadline learns that the documentary about celebrated poster artist Drew Struzan will be premiered on Friday, July 19 at the Gaslamp 15 during the annual convention. Kino Lorber will release the pic in New York on August 16, followed by VOD this fall.
Directed by Erik P. Sharkey, the film takes fans much closer to Struzan, the man behind legendary posters for the "Indiana Jones" and "Star Wars" films. As teased in the official trailer, there will be appearances from the likes of George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, Harrison Ford and Guillermo del Toro to pay tribute to the prolific artist.
The movie is produced by Charles Ricciardi, Greg Boas and Erik Sharkey. It is revealed that Struzan, who is recognized too for his posters for "Blade Runner", "Hellboy", "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" and the "Police Academy" series, will also be on hand for a Comic-Con panel for the film.
Struzan announced his retirement in 2008. He has received a Life Career Award at the 2002 Saturn Award and won an Inkpot Award for Outstanding Achievement in Illustration.
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof