Video: Mariah Carey and Miguel Perform at Macy's Fourth of July Fireworks Spectacular
After performing their collaboration track "#Beautiful" at the Hot 97 Summer Jam XX in New Jersey last month and its new remix version at the recent 2013 BET Awards with Young Jeezy, Mariah Carey and Miguel took their hit duet to the Macy's Fourth of July Fireworks Spectacular in New York City. The pair pre-recorded their performance a week before the annual fireworks show at the Liberty State Park.
Performing with a full band complete with three back-up singers, Carey looked every inch a diva as she sang her part while lounging on bales of hay, looking less made up and more natural to match the pretty red and blue countryside gal ensemble she had on. For his part, Miguel kept his usual hip and cool outfit of ripped jeans and casual top.
Fittingly making the introduction to the performance was Carey's hubby Nick Cannon, who got the gig to host the two-hour special. Apart from singing her latest hit song, Carey also gave a rousing rendition of "America the Beautiful" in a smashing red gown, and one of her classics, "Hero", in a sparkling, body-hugging black dress.
Carey's triple serving of high notes in the fireworks show comes in the heels of new scrutiny over her supposed lip-synced performance at the BET Awards. Some are insinuating that her Macy's Fireworks Spectacular performances were also done not without some lip-syncing too, but whether they're live or not, undeniably it's still the diva's unique voice everyone is hearing.
More Mariah Carey News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3