Denzel Washington's 'The Equalizer' to Open Against Ryan Reynolds' 'Selfless'
It turns out that Columbia Pictures has made a release date shift for "The Equalizer". According to Box Office Mojo, the feature version of the same-title TV series in the 1980s is now slated to arrive in theaters on September 26, 2014 and ready to battle against Ryan Reynolds-starring "Selfless" and Elle Fanning's animation "The Boxtrolls".
The starring vehicle for Denzel Washington previously went for an April 11, 2014 release. If it stuck around that date, the thriller from director Antoine Fuqua would be in a fierce competition with 20th Century Fox's much-anticipated "Rio 2" as well as Marvel's "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" in its second run.
"Equalizer" introduces Denzel as Robert McCall, the mysterious retired intelligence officer with a hidden past who helps out people. When he shows his kindness toward a teen prostitute named Teri, he unknowingly gets himself embroiled with a Russian mob.
"Olympus Has Fallen" helmer Fuqua also secures "Kick Ass" star Chloe Moretz to be the young prostitute, the daring role which was initially envisioned for a twenties-year-old actress, but then was rewritten to fit Chloe.
Marton Csokas, the Yorgi depicter in "XXX", is tapped to be a villain in the movie.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift