Denzel Washington's 'The Equalizer' to Open Against Ryan Reynolds' 'Selfless'
It turns out that Columbia Pictures has made a release date shift for "The Equalizer". According to Box Office Mojo, the feature version of the same-title TV series in the 1980s is now slated to arrive in theaters on September 26, 2014 and ready to battle against Ryan Reynolds-starring "Selfless" and Elle Fanning's animation "The Boxtrolls".
The starring vehicle for Denzel Washington previously went for an April 11, 2014 release. If it stuck around that date, the thriller from director Antoine Fuqua would be in a fierce competition with 20th Century Fox's much-anticipated "Rio 2" as well as Marvel's "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" in its second run.
"Equalizer" introduces Denzel as Robert McCall, the mysterious retired intelligence officer with a hidden past who helps out people. When he shows his kindness toward a teen prostitute named Teri, he unknowingly gets himself embroiled with a Russian mob.
"Olympus Has Fallen" helmer Fuqua also secures "Kick Ass" star Chloe Moretz to be the young prostitute, the daring role which was initially envisioned for a twenties-year-old actress, but then was rewritten to fit Chloe.
Marton Csokas, the Yorgi depicter in "XXX", is tapped to be a villain in the movie.
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes