Denzel Washington's 'The Equalizer' to Open Against Ryan Reynolds' 'Selfless'
It turns out that Columbia Pictures has made a release date shift for "The Equalizer". According to Box Office Mojo, the feature version of the same-title TV series in the 1980s is now slated to arrive in theaters on September 26, 2014 and ready to battle against Ryan Reynolds-starring "Selfless" and Elle Fanning's animation "The Boxtrolls".
The starring vehicle for Denzel Washington previously went for an April 11, 2014 release. If it stuck around that date, the thriller from director Antoine Fuqua would be in a fierce competition with 20th Century Fox's much-anticipated "Rio 2" as well as Marvel's "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" in its second run.
"Equalizer" introduces Denzel as Robert McCall, the mysterious retired intelligence officer with a hidden past who helps out people. When he shows his kindness toward a teen prostitute named Teri, he unknowingly gets himself embroiled with a Russian mob.
"Olympus Has Fallen" helmer Fuqua also secures "Kick Ass" star Chloe Moretz to be the young prostitute, the daring role which was initially envisioned for a twenties-year-old actress, but then was rewritten to fit Chloe.
Marton Csokas, the Yorgi depicter in "XXX", is tapped to be a villain in the movie.
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent Make Red Carpet Debut as Couple at Vogue Event