Bryan Singer Teases Quicksilver's Appearance in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
Director Bryan Singer has recently unleashed another teaser image to build fans' anticipation for "X-Men: Days of Future Past". This time, the pic does not see any appearance from cast members as it only gives a look at a black mailbox. However, what's so special about it is placed on the name written on the mailbox: "Maximoff" - clearly referring to Quicksilver's real name Pietro Maximoff.
As previously announced by Singer, "American Horror Story" star Evan Peters will be introduced as the twin brother of Scarlet Witch. The live-action version of the speedy superhero will also show up in Joss Whedon's "The Avengers 2". Though failing to introduce the fast mutant first, Whedon confirms Quicksilver will still be featured in his film and is going to be "awesome."
The Singer production recently added a new cast member. According to The Wrap's report, rising star Josh Helman, who played alongside Tom Cruise in "Jack Reacher", has been on board for a mystery role that is thought to be a significant one.
"Days of Future Past" will be based on Uncanny X-Men #141 and 142 back in 1981 during Chris Claremont and John Byrne's run. The story introduced the idea of an alternate future for the Marvel mutants that grew out of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants killing an important senator, leading to a future where all mutants are hunted by Sentinels.
The release date has been moved up from July 18, 2014 to May 23, 2014.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season