Toby Keith Adds Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood to Oklahoma Twister Relief Concert
Last month, the tickets for the first round of Toby Keith Oklahoma Twister Relief Concert sold out in a little over an hour. Now, Keith did it again with the second round of the concert to benefit the victim of the killer tornado that hit his hometown of Moore, Oklahoma, last May.
Country crooners including Garth Brooks, Willie Nelson, Trisha Yearwood, Sammy Hagar and Ronnie Dunn are set to perform in front of the crowd. Oklahoma native Carrie Underwood will also appear at the concert. She will do a set via satellite from the Grand Ole Opry House in Nashville.
"I grew up in Moore, I live in Norman and I've got lots of family and friends who were directly affected," Keith said of the concert in a statement. "I know these folks and they're resilient but we're going to keep helping them any way we can. I'm proud to get together with some others from around here who are just as committed as I am to supporting these communities."
"When Toby asked me to come on board, I immediately said 'Yes,' " Hagar said. "He's put together a hell of a concert lineup to help raise funds for the brave and resilient people of Oklahoma. My job is going to be to help them take their minds off their problems and have some much-needed, good old-fashioned fun."
Brooks will be the first performer to take the stage while Keith is scheduled to finish off the evening. The concert will end with a 10-minute fireworks display.
Keith's Oklahoma Twister Relief Concert will be held on Saturday, July 6., at Oklahoma Memorial Stadium.
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman