Toby Keith Adds Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood to Oklahoma Twister Relief Concert
Last month, the tickets for the first round of Toby Keith Oklahoma Twister Relief Concert sold out in a little over an hour. Now, Keith did it again with the second round of the concert to benefit the victim of the killer tornado that hit his hometown of Moore, Oklahoma, last May.
Country crooners including Garth Brooks, Willie Nelson, Trisha Yearwood, Sammy Hagar and Ronnie Dunn are set to perform in front of the crowd. Oklahoma native Carrie Underwood will also appear at the concert. She will do a set via satellite from the Grand Ole Opry House in Nashville.
"I grew up in Moore, I live in Norman and I've got lots of family and friends who were directly affected," Keith said of the concert in a statement. "I know these folks and they're resilient but we're going to keep helping them any way we can. I'm proud to get together with some others from around here who are just as committed as I am to supporting these communities."
"When Toby asked me to come on board, I immediately said 'Yes,' " Hagar said. "He's put together a hell of a concert lineup to help raise funds for the brave and resilient people of Oklahoma. My job is going to be to help them take their minds off their problems and have some much-needed, good old-fashioned fun."
Brooks will be the first performer to take the stage while Keith is scheduled to finish off the evening. The concert will end with a 10-minute fireworks display.
Keith's Oklahoma Twister Relief Concert will be held on Saturday, July 6., at Oklahoma Memorial Stadium.
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Was Drug-Tested for 'Tomb Raider'
- Chris Pine Shaves His Head Bald. Find Out How 'Homeland' Inspired His New Look
- Tyga Threatens to Sue Blac Chyna for Defamation After Snapchat Rant