Toby Keith Adds Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood to Oklahoma Twister Relief Concert
Last month, the tickets for the first round of Toby Keith Oklahoma Twister Relief Concert sold out in a little over an hour. Now, Keith did it again with the second round of the concert to benefit the victim of the killer tornado that hit his hometown of Moore, Oklahoma, last May.
Country crooners including Garth Brooks, Willie Nelson, Trisha Yearwood, Sammy Hagar and Ronnie Dunn are set to perform in front of the crowd. Oklahoma native Carrie Underwood will also appear at the concert. She will do a set via satellite from the Grand Ole Opry House in Nashville.
"I grew up in Moore, I live in Norman and I've got lots of family and friends who were directly affected," Keith said of the concert in a statement. "I know these folks and they're resilient but we're going to keep helping them any way we can. I'm proud to get together with some others from around here who are just as committed as I am to supporting these communities."
"When Toby asked me to come on board, I immediately said 'Yes,' " Hagar said. "He's put together a hell of a concert lineup to help raise funds for the brave and resilient people of Oklahoma. My job is going to be to help them take their minds off their problems and have some much-needed, good old-fashioned fun."
Brooks will be the first performer to take the stage while Keith is scheduled to finish off the evening. The concert will end with a 10-minute fireworks display.
Keith's Oklahoma Twister Relief Concert will be held on Saturday, July 6., at Oklahoma Memorial Stadium.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen