Singer Bernie Nolan Loses Battle With Cancer
Bernie Nolan of vocal group The Nolans passed away on Thursday, July 4, after losing a battle with breast cancer. She was 52. "Bernie passed away peacefully this morning with all of her family around her. The entire family are devastated to have lost beloved Bernie, a wonderful wife, adoring mother and loving sister; she is irreplaceable," a spokesperson for the family said.
Celebrity friends of the Dublin-born singer paid tribute to the mother of one. "Daybreak" host Lorraine Kelly, who interviewed the singer several times, wrote on Twitter, "Bernie Nolan was a very special woman. Brave, funny and hugely talented. She will be sorely missed. Thoughts with her family and friends."
"This Morning" host Phillip Schofield said, "Just heard the very sad news that gorgeous, courageous and inspirational Bernie Nolan has died. Big love to @NolanColeen & all the family x." Actress Jennifer Ellison, Nolan's co-star on "Brookside", wrote, "So sad to hear Bernie Nolan has passed away! Such an amazing lady, had the honor of working with her twice will cherish the memories."
Nolan was born on 17 October 1960 in Ireland to singer parents. She rose to fame as a lead singer of The Nolans alongside her siblings. She left the group in 1994 to pursue solo activities.
Bernie was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2010. She had chemotherapy as well as mastectomy and was declared clear in 2012. A few months later, however, the cancer spread to her brain, lungs, liver and bones. She is survived by her husband Steve Doneath and a 14-year-old daughter, Erin.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby