Fun. to Perform at White House's Independence Day Concert
Indie rock band Fun. will be helping President Barack Obama, his family and the USO as they welcome over 1,200 troops and their families on the South Lawn of the White House for this year's fifth annual "Salute to the Troops" concert on July 4. The Grammy Award-winning act will perform in an hour-long concert which will be streamed live from the White House website starting at 8:10 P.M. EST.
Nate Ruess and band mates Andrew Dost and Jack Antonoff become the fifth act after the Foo Fighters, The Killers, Brandi Carlile and Brad Paisley to perform in the annual Independence Day event, which also includes a barbecue and games for the soldiers and their families and a musical selection by "The President's Own" U.S. Marine Band. To be chosen for the said gig serves as another highlight not just for 2013 for the Grammy Best New Artist winners but a career milestone overall.
The "Salute to the Troops" honors, salutes and celebrates those in uniform and the troops stationed around the world and their families. "Performing a USO concert for troops and their families at the White House on Independence Day is a tremendous honor for us. We can't thank our nation's men and women in uniform enough," said Ruess.
Soon after the Salute to the Troops, the trio will kick off their North American tour in Toronto on July 6 followed by performances in several European and Asian music festivals throughout the summer.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'