Fun. to Perform at White House's Independence Day Concert
Indie rock band Fun. will be helping President Barack Obama, his family and the USO as they welcome over 1,200 troops and their families on the South Lawn of the White House for this year's fifth annual "Salute to the Troops" concert on July 4. The Grammy Award-winning act will perform in an hour-long concert which will be streamed live from the White House website starting at 8:10 P.M. EST.
Nate Ruess and band mates Andrew Dost and Jack Antonoff become the fifth act after the Foo Fighters, The Killers, Brandi Carlile and Brad Paisley to perform in the annual Independence Day event, which also includes a barbecue and games for the soldiers and their families and a musical selection by "The President's Own" U.S. Marine Band. To be chosen for the said gig serves as another highlight not just for 2013 for the Grammy Best New Artist winners but a career milestone overall.
The "Salute to the Troops" honors, salutes and celebrates those in uniform and the troops stationed around the world and their families. "Performing a USO concert for troops and their families at the White House on Independence Day is a tremendous honor for us. We can't thank our nation's men and women in uniform enough," said Ruess.
Soon after the Salute to the Troops, the trio will kick off their North American tour in Toronto on July 6 followed by performances in several European and Asian music festivals throughout the summer.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding