'Pacific Rim' Heads to London for European Premiere, Kanye West Calls the Film His 'Favorite'
Guillermo del Toro launched his highly-anticipated movie "Pacific Rim" at London's IMAX on Thursday, June 4. For the European premiere of the action-heavy film about monsters versus robots, the Mexican filmmaker brought along leading cast members Charlie Hunnam, Rinko Kikuchi and Idris Elba.
Supporting actors Charlie Day and Robert Kazinsky were also on hand for the promotional effort. Spotted hitting the blue carpet too were Sienna Guillory, Elba's co-star on TV detective series "Luther", and sibling pop-rock trio Hanson, best known for the 1997 hit song "MMMBop".
Big boost to the Warner Bros. flick was additionally given by rap star Kanye West. The "Gold Digger" hitmaker proclaimed himself a big fan of del Toro's film on Twitter after a screening of it. "I saw a pre-screening of 'Pacific Rim' yesterday and it's easily one of my favorite movies of all time," he gushed on the pic.
In another post, the new dad wrote to his 9 million followers, "This is not another 'Robot' movie. Guillermo del Toro is a master."
"Pacific Rim" centers on washed up former pilot Raleigh Antrobus and untested trainee Mako Mori, who join forces to drive giant robots called Jaegers in an attempt to combat sea monsters Kaijus.
It is set to open opposite Adam Sandler's "Grown Ups 2" on July 12.
More Pacific Rim News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season