Chris Brown's 'X' Still Features Rihanna
Chris Brown has confirmed that his collaboration with ex-girlfriend Rihanna will still be included on his upcoming album, "X". On Thursday, July 4, the rapper took to Twitter to reveal that the follow-up to 2012's "Fortune" will also see guest appearances from musicians including Nicki Minaj, Kendrick Lamar, Kelly Rowland and Wiz Khalifa.
Brown's decision to include his collaboration with the Barbadian singer came as a surprise. Last month, it was said that Brown had pulled his and Rihanna's track off the album following their latest split earlier this year.
A source close to the production also previously claimed that Rihanna's name wasn't on the album's final tracklist. "Just saw the working track list for 'X' yesterday -Rihanna is not on there," the source said at that time.
"Record execs wanted that song on there, but Chris said he would rather not and wouldn't allow the record to be released unless they took it off," the source continued. "They're still hoping to convince Chris or pay him more to change his mind because it would be a hit. The record hasn't been pressed yet, so things can change, but at this point he's not changing his mind."
Brown's "X" is scheduled to hit stores on July 16.
More Chris Brown News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed