'The X Factor' Sneak Peek Teases Simon Cowell Singing During Denver Auditions
Simon Cowell has been judging singing talents for so many years but how he fares when he sings has just been known during a taping of "The X Factor (US)" season 3. On what the show's creator called the worst day of auditions in Denver, he's urged by the other judges to show his vocal chops when a contestant sang like he had a British accent.
"You would sound like what Simon sounds like when he'd sing," Demi Lovato started it out with her comment, leading Kelly Rowland to ask Simon to give them a sample. Initially reluctant, Simon was apparently convinced to sing a bit of "Fools Rush In" but that one interesting part is cut in the sneak-peek video and will only be seen when the show broadcasts on FOX.
In a backstage interview, Simon insisted he wasn't singing but he merely impersonated a singer. Demi commented, "I think it's charming, but he wants to be modest about his incredible vocal." Paulina Rubio agreed with Demi, adding, "He did it great," while Kelly chimed in, "I knew that voice was always there."
Also during the Denver auditions, one bad singer, who had to read the lyrics of Rihanna's "Only Girl (in the World)" on an iPhone, prompted Demi to quip, "I feel like you're kind of the reason I don't drink anymore." She was agreeing with Simon who earlier told the female contestant, "You remind me of when I am outside a night club in Vegas at 5 A.M. and there are drunk girls leaving the club singing."
The new edition of "The X Factor (US)" will premiere Wednesday, September 11 at 8 P.M. Kelly and Paulina join returning judges Simon and Demi on the panel, with Mario Lopez set to host the show solo.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign