Cirque du Soleil Performer Remembered by Community
Mourners gathered in a training center to remember Cirque du Soleil performer Sarah Guillot-Guyard. The mother of two taught acrobatics to hundreds of children at the studio. Friends, co-workers as well as her students' parents and complete strangers attended the memorial which was held on Wednesday, July 3.
James Wong, co-owner of the gym, told KTNV, "The thing all of us are going to remember about Sarah, is just what a truly good person, great mom, and great friend she was." He added that young kids might find it hard to understand Sarah's passing. "I think for a lot of the younger students it's hard. It's hard to understand that Sarah isn't coming back to teach class. I think that's probably the toughest thing right now," James said.
One of the students' parent Cindy Jackson talked about her son's concern about Sarah's children. "My son asked what will happen to Sarah's son. He told me I should help be his mom now. I told him she will always be their mom," Cindy said.
Sarah's death has become a reminder to fellow performers that their job is really dangerous. Pauline Chydzinski, who works with La Reve, said, "Of course it affects us because we do the same kinds of things that she did. After what happened, going back on stage, and being hooked up, you have that fear that wasn't as strong before. You think a lot more about what could happen."
Previously, Clark County Coroner's Office ruled that Sarah's passing was accidental. The 31-year-old performer died because of multiple blunt force trauma she suffered after falling from 90-foot height. Sarah fell during the Final Battle scene of "Ka" at the MGM Grand Las Vegas last weekend. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is investigating the case. It is expected to finish in six months.
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21