Cirque du Soleil Performer Remembered by Community
Mourners gathered in a training center to remember Cirque du Soleil performer Sarah Guillot-Guyard. The mother of two taught acrobatics to hundreds of children at the studio. Friends, co-workers as well as her students' parents and complete strangers attended the memorial which was held on Wednesday, July 3.
James Wong, co-owner of the gym, told KTNV, "The thing all of us are going to remember about Sarah, is just what a truly good person, great mom, and great friend she was." He added that young kids might find it hard to understand Sarah's passing. "I think for a lot of the younger students it's hard. It's hard to understand that Sarah isn't coming back to teach class. I think that's probably the toughest thing right now," James said.
One of the students' parent Cindy Jackson talked about her son's concern about Sarah's children. "My son asked what will happen to Sarah's son. He told me I should help be his mom now. I told him she will always be their mom," Cindy said.
Sarah's death has become a reminder to fellow performers that their job is really dangerous. Pauline Chydzinski, who works with La Reve, said, "Of course it affects us because we do the same kinds of things that she did. After what happened, going back on stage, and being hooked up, you have that fear that wasn't as strong before. You think a lot more about what could happen."
Previously, Clark County Coroner's Office ruled that Sarah's passing was accidental. The 31-year-old performer died because of multiple blunt force trauma she suffered after falling from 90-foot height. Sarah fell during the Final Battle scene of "Ka" at the MGM Grand Las Vegas last weekend. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is investigating the case. It is expected to finish in six months.
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family
- Liv Tyler Jokes About Her 'Pointy and Giant' Baby Bump
- BET Awards 2016: Beyonce and Drake Dominate Winner List
- Muhammad Ali's Daughter Laila Gets Emotional While Honoring Her Late Father at 2016 BET Awards
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards