Cirque du Soleil Performer Remembered by Community
Mourners gathered in a training center to remember Cirque du Soleil performer Sarah Guillot-Guyard. The mother of two taught acrobatics to hundreds of children at the studio. Friends, co-workers as well as her students' parents and complete strangers attended the memorial which was held on Wednesday, July 3.
James Wong, co-owner of the gym, told KTNV, "The thing all of us are going to remember about Sarah, is just what a truly good person, great mom, and great friend she was." He added that young kids might find it hard to understand Sarah's passing. "I think for a lot of the younger students it's hard. It's hard to understand that Sarah isn't coming back to teach class. I think that's probably the toughest thing right now," James said.
One of the students' parent Cindy Jackson talked about her son's concern about Sarah's children. "My son asked what will happen to Sarah's son. He told me I should help be his mom now. I told him she will always be their mom," Cindy said.
Sarah's death has become a reminder to fellow performers that their job is really dangerous. Pauline Chydzinski, who works with La Reve, said, "Of course it affects us because we do the same kinds of things that she did. After what happened, going back on stage, and being hooked up, you have that fear that wasn't as strong before. You think a lot more about what could happen."
Previously, Clark County Coroner's Office ruled that Sarah's passing was accidental. The 31-year-old performer died because of multiple blunt force trauma she suffered after falling from 90-foot height. Sarah fell during the Final Battle scene of "Ka" at the MGM Grand Las Vegas last weekend. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is investigating the case. It is expected to finish in six months.
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder
- Drake's 'More Life' Dethrones Ed Sheeran's 'Divide' on Billboard 200
- 'The Walking Dead' Season Finale Sneak Peeks Tease Betrayal and the Big War
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Debuts First Official Logo
- Katy Perry and Ryan Phillippe Spotted Flirting During Elton John's Birthday Party