Cirque du Soleil Performer Remembered by Community
Mourners gathered in a training center to remember Cirque du Soleil performer Sarah Guillot-Guyard. The mother of two taught acrobatics to hundreds of children at the studio. Friends, co-workers as well as her students' parents and complete strangers attended the memorial which was held on Wednesday, July 3.
James Wong, co-owner of the gym, told KTNV, "The thing all of us are going to remember about Sarah, is just what a truly good person, great mom, and great friend she was." He added that young kids might find it hard to understand Sarah's passing. "I think for a lot of the younger students it's hard. It's hard to understand that Sarah isn't coming back to teach class. I think that's probably the toughest thing right now," James said.
One of the students' parent Cindy Jackson talked about her son's concern about Sarah's children. "My son asked what will happen to Sarah's son. He told me I should help be his mom now. I told him she will always be their mom," Cindy said.
Sarah's death has become a reminder to fellow performers that their job is really dangerous. Pauline Chydzinski, who works with La Reve, said, "Of course it affects us because we do the same kinds of things that she did. After what happened, going back on stage, and being hooked up, you have that fear that wasn't as strong before. You think a lot more about what could happen."
Previously, Clark County Coroner's Office ruled that Sarah's passing was accidental. The 31-year-old performer died because of multiple blunt force trauma she suffered after falling from 90-foot height. Sarah fell during the Final Battle scene of "Ka" at the MGM Grand Las Vegas last weekend. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is investigating the case. It is expected to finish in six months.
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'