Cirque du Soleil Performer Remembered by Community
Mourners gathered in a training center to remember Cirque du Soleil performer Sarah Guillot-Guyard. The mother of two taught acrobatics to hundreds of children at the studio. Friends, co-workers as well as her students' parents and complete strangers attended the memorial which was held on Wednesday, July 3.
James Wong, co-owner of the gym, told KTNV, "The thing all of us are going to remember about Sarah, is just what a truly good person, great mom, and great friend she was." He added that young kids might find it hard to understand Sarah's passing. "I think for a lot of the younger students it's hard. It's hard to understand that Sarah isn't coming back to teach class. I think that's probably the toughest thing right now," James said.
One of the students' parent Cindy Jackson talked about her son's concern about Sarah's children. "My son asked what will happen to Sarah's son. He told me I should help be his mom now. I told him she will always be their mom," Cindy said.
Sarah's death has become a reminder to fellow performers that their job is really dangerous. Pauline Chydzinski, who works with La Reve, said, "Of course it affects us because we do the same kinds of things that she did. After what happened, going back on stage, and being hooked up, you have that fear that wasn't as strong before. You think a lot more about what could happen."
Previously, Clark County Coroner's Office ruled that Sarah's passing was accidental. The 31-year-old performer died because of multiple blunt force trauma she suffered after falling from 90-foot height. Sarah fell during the Final Battle scene of "Ka" at the MGM Grand Las Vegas last weekend. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is investigating the case. It is expected to finish in six months.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen