Julie Andrews' Costumes in 'Sound of Music' to Be Auctioned Off
A set of costumes which were worn by "The Sound of Music" cast members heads to an auction in Hollywood on July 29. A costume of Maria, played by Julie Andrews, which was worn when she sang "Do Re Mi" and the Von Trapp children's outfits which were made from draperies will become highlights of the auction.
According to Broadway World, other outfits which will be sold include Marta Von Trapp's jumper and matching shorts, Kurt's button down shirt with three quarter length sleeves, Louisa's sleeveless dress with green ties at the hip and Liesl's dress. Other children's costumes are heading to auction too, including their school uniforms. The collection is expected to fetch between $800,000-$1,200,000.
A spokesperson for auction house Profiles in History told Wenn, "Without question, this is the most comprehensive collection of signature costumes from 'The Sound of Music' any institution or collector could ever hope too obtain. Included with the costumes is a four-page typewritten story of the Von Trapp family signed by Maria Von Trapp, explaining the origins of the singing family and events leading to their eventual escape from Third Reich-controlled Austria."
"The Sound of Music" is one of the highest grossing films of all-time. Songs which were featured on the movie, such as "Edelweiss", "Do Re Mi", "Sixteen Going on 17" and "My Favorite Things", are probably among the most beloved songs in American songbook.
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club
- Kim Kardashian Is Begging Khloe to Be Her Surrogate for Baby No. 3
- So Cruel! Travis Scott Compares Kylie's Bedroom Skills to Sister Kendall Jenner's
- Selena Gomez Denies Collaboration With The Weeknd on New Music: 'It's Not True'
- 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' Iconic Character Holly Golightly to Become a Merchandise Queen