Julie Andrews' Costumes in 'Sound of Music' to Be Auctioned Off
A set of costumes which were worn by "The Sound of Music" cast members heads to an auction in Hollywood on July 29. A costume of Maria, played by Julie Andrews, which was worn when she sang "Do Re Mi" and the Von Trapp children's outfits which were made from draperies will become highlights of the auction.
According to Broadway World, other outfits which will be sold include Marta Von Trapp's jumper and matching shorts, Kurt's button down shirt with three quarter length sleeves, Louisa's sleeveless dress with green ties at the hip and Liesl's dress. Other children's costumes are heading to auction too, including their school uniforms. The collection is expected to fetch between $800,000-$1,200,000.
A spokesperson for auction house Profiles in History told Wenn, "Without question, this is the most comprehensive collection of signature costumes from 'The Sound of Music' any institution or collector could ever hope too obtain. Included with the costumes is a four-page typewritten story of the Von Trapp family signed by Maria Von Trapp, explaining the origins of the singing family and events leading to their eventual escape from Third Reich-controlled Austria."
"The Sound of Music" is one of the highest grossing films of all-time. Songs which were featured on the movie, such as "Edelweiss", "Do Re Mi", "Sixteen Going on 17" and "My Favorite Things", are probably among the most beloved songs in American songbook.
More Julie Andrews News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding