'Lovelace' First Trailer Introduces Amanda Seyfried as Porn Icon
Amanda Seyfried channels her inner wild side in a first trailer (via Access Hollywood) for "Lovelace", a biopic from Radius-TWC and Millennium Entertainment. Portraying the real-life titular character who became a legendary porn star after starring in 1972's "Deep Throat", Seyfried makes a convincing Linda Lovelace with her strong performance.
Directed by Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman, the movie chronicles Lovelace's meteoric rise to fame as the "poster girl for the sexual revolution" as well as her efforts to expose her own victimization. Featured in the trailer as her abusive husband Chuck Traynor, who allegedly coerced her into the pornography business, is "An Education" star Peter Sarsgaard.
The indie movie introduces "The Smurfs 2" villain Hank Azaria and Bobby Cannavale as the sleazy director and producer of "Deep Throat" respectively. Also showing up in the first promo video for the Andy Bellin-penned film are "Basic Instict" actress Sharon Stone as Lovelace's mother and "127 Hours" leading man James Franco as young Hugh Hefner.
Also supported by Chloe Sevigny, Juno Temple and Adam Brody, "Lovelace" was premiered on January 22 at the Sundance Film Festival. It will open in select U.S. theaters on August 9.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones