'Lovelace' First Trailer Introduces Amanda Seyfried as Porn Icon
Amanda Seyfried channels her inner wild side in a first trailer (via Access Hollywood) for "Lovelace", a biopic from Radius-TWC and Millennium Entertainment. Portraying the real-life titular character who became a legendary porn star after starring in 1972's "Deep Throat", Seyfried makes a convincing Linda Lovelace with her strong performance.
Directed by Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman, the movie chronicles Lovelace's meteoric rise to fame as the "poster girl for the sexual revolution" as well as her efforts to expose her own victimization. Featured in the trailer as her abusive husband Chuck Traynor, who allegedly coerced her into the pornography business, is "An Education" star Peter Sarsgaard.
The indie movie introduces "The Smurfs 2" villain Hank Azaria and Bobby Cannavale as the sleazy director and producer of "Deep Throat" respectively. Also showing up in the first promo video for the Andy Bellin-penned film are "Basic Instict" actress Sharon Stone as Lovelace's mother and "127 Hours" leading man James Franco as young Hugh Hefner.
Also supported by Chloe Sevigny, Juno Temple and Adam Brody, "Lovelace" was premiered on January 22 at the Sundance Film Festival. It will open in select U.S. theaters on August 9.
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease
- CL's Boobs Almost Pop Out of Her Plunging Black Dress at Chanel Exhibition
- 'Venom' to Feature Carnage as Its Main Villain
- Christina Perri Announces Engagement to Boyfriend Paul Costabile - See the Beautiful Ring!
- Is Kendall Jenner Feuding With Victoria's Secret Models?
- New 'Blade Runner 2049' Featurette Brings Harrison Ford Home, Hints at Uninvited Guest