Katy Perry's New Album Is 'More Grown Up,' Says Collaborator Bonnie McKee
Katy Perry's new album would be "a little bit more grown up," BFF songwriter Bonnie McKee said in a recent interview with MTV. McKee, who helped pen Perry's hits like "California Gurls", "Last Friday Night" and "The One That Got Away", revealed to the site that she and Perry were working to make more "mature" music for the follow-up to 2010's "Teenage Dream".
"I think it's a little bit more grown up and it's really interesting. I'm really excited for the world to hear it because she's taking a new approach," McKee said. However, she refused to share further details about the album, saying, "I don't want to say too much about it, but it's definitely different. It's definitely a little more mature than the 'California Gurls' of yesterday."
McKee added that she would appear on some tracks in Perry's new album. ''We were just in [Perry's hometown of] Santa Barbara and we wrote three or four songs, I guess," she continued. "So I have four songs with her coming out.''
During the interview, McKee also talked about how she and Perry became good friends. "Katy and I are really similar. That's kind of how we became friends," McKee said of her friendship with the "Fireworks" hitmaker. "We met at Wasteland on Melrose [Avenue in Los Angeles], a thrift store. We just are totally on the same level... We're just soulmates in that way, I guess."
In addition to working with McKee, Perry has worked with Sia Furler, Dr. Luke and Max Martin for her upcoming fourth studio album. Back in April, Perry confirmed that her album was halfway done.
More Katy Perry News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences