Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger Officially Married on Canada Day
Avril Lavigne is officially Mrs. Kroeger, for real this time. Multiple news outlets confirm that the "Goodbye Lullaby" singer tied the knot with her rocker fiance Chad Kroeger on July 1 in the South of France at Chateau La Napoule in Mandelieu.
Us Weekly reports the couple swapped vows in front of about 50 guests of family members and friends. They followed up the ceremony with a reception and dinner that lasted until wee hours. It included a firework display on the Mediterranean.
"Avril and Chad had glasses of wine in their hands and were kissing as fireworks popped overhead and sparkled down," a guest says. They danced to a variety of songs ranging from the classic "Sweet Home Alabama" to Bruno Mars' "Marry You."
"It was a wild, all-night party with drinking, dancing, incredible food and lots of laughter and tears of happiness," another insider dishes on. A different source nods, "It was a magical moment and everyone was overwhelmed!"
According to PEOPLE, the couple chose July 1 as their special day not only to mark their one year of being together but also to pay homage to their native country which happened to celebrate Canada Day.
"We met while recording music in March. But we started dating July 1, so I'll let the math speak for itself there. We think it's very cool that our anniversary will always be on Canada Day. We can't wait to start our life together. We're very happy," Kroeger once said.
It's his first marriage and her second. She was previously married to Sum 41's frontman Deryck Whibley. They split after three years of marriage.
Lavigne, 28, and Kroeger, 38, were mistakenly reported getting married this past weekend. The wedding rumor came to surface after celebrity marketing guru Mike Heller tweeted Saturday, "I'm in south of France about to see my little Rok (sic) star #avril get married I am so happy to be part of this special celebration." He added, "No pictures will be sent since this is #avril wedding but I will tell you everyone is so excited."
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary