Christian Bale Confirms He Won't Play Batman in 'Justice League'
Words have been swirling around that Christian Bale won't reprise his role as Batman in "Justice League", but there's no official word from the man himself until recently. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Bale finally confirms that he won't return as the caped crusader in the mega project a la "The Avengers".
"We were incredibly fortunate to get to make three [Batman films]. That's enough. Let's not get greedy," he says. "Chris [Nolan] always said he wanted to make it one film at a time. And we ended up sitting there looking at each other, saying 'We're about to make the third.' We never really knew if we were going to get to be there, but if that was how it was going to be, this was where it should end as well."
During the chat while promoting his upcoming drama "Out of the Furnace", Bale says he has no knowledge about the upcoming movie, "I have no information, no knowledge about anything. I've literally not had a conversation with a living soul. I understand that they may be making a Justice League movie, that's it."
As for passing the iconic role to a new actor, he says, "It's a torch that should be handed from one actor to another. So I enjoy looking forward to what somebody else will come up with."
Bale previously said that he wouldn't do another Batman movie unless Christopher Nolan made a fourth Dark Knight Installment, which the director said was not happening. Screenwriter David S. Goyer who's tapped for "Justice League" also once confirmed that Batman would be rebooted in the upcoming project.
More Justice League News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'