Michael Jackson's Ex-Attorney Slams Reports of an Alleged MJ Cover-Up
It's been eight years since lawyer Tom Mesereau represented the late King of Pop Michael Jackson during the latter's molestation trial, but the Los Angeles-based attorney is speaking up once again to defend the iconic pop superstar. Mesereau rejected a recent tabloid report alleging that Jackson spent nearly $35 million to cover up the molestation crimes he allegedly committed mainly to silence the 24 boys he had been accused of sexually abusing, including their families.
"It's sickening that people are still trying to profit and exploit Michael Jackson in death," Mesereau told Radar Online, slamming choreographer Wade Robinson who has filed a lawsuit against Jackson's estate. He argued, "The FBI never had any files alleging that Michael Jackson had sexually abused 24 young boys, because it never happened. Believe me, if they had such information, it would have been presented at the trial."
Mesereau insisted that the County of Santa Barbara District Attorney, working with the FBI and the Interpol, found no evidence of sexual abuse against his client that even the FBI's files relating to Jackson showed no findings of any wrongdoing. In like manner, Jackson was cleared by the Los Angeles Department of Children & Family Services, after it conducted its own investigation.
Robson hopes that by getting other supposed molestation victims to testify, he will be able to boost his case against Jackson. His motivation comes from reports of secret documents compiled by Anthony Pellicano, a private investigator who was reportedly hired by Jackson to track down the victims to arrange payments for their silence.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby