Selena Gomez Celebrates First No. 1 Hit Amid Wardrobe Malfunction Buzz
Selena Gomez made eyes pop on Sunday, June 30 when she suffered a wardrobe malfunction during her performance at the 103.3 AMP Radio Birthday Bash at the City Hall Plaza, in Boston. Wearing a backless, flowing dress with a thigh-high slit up front, the 20-year-old singer accidentally flashed her nude underwear when a gust of wind blew past her skirt.
After becoming a bit self-conscious as she struggled to hold down her skirt, the Disney-bred star still acted like a professional and tried to maintain her composure as she performed "Slow Down" and "Love You Like a Love Song" while still fidgeting with the slit of her dress. She even seemed happy with her performance at the free concert, tweeting, "What an amazing crowd! Thank you @1033ampradio."
Gomez's embarrassment immediately turned into a mix disbelief and sheer joy the day after when she got the news that she finally landed her first No. 1 on the charts including Billboard Pop Songs and Billboard Digital Pop Songs with her single "Come & Get It". Her emotional reaction was all captured in a clip to which she added a video message to thank all those who helped her get to the No. 1 spot in the Top 40.
Gomez singled out the radio stations playing her song, her record label, and her fans for supporting her and requesting the tune, her first No. 1 hit in the four records she has completed in her music career. She also went on Twitter to give another shout out to her supporters, saying, "This has been 1 of my proudest achievements & I couldn't do it without everyone! So grateful."
Selena Gomez suffers wardrobe malfunction during 103.3 AMP Radio Birthday Bash:
Selena Gomez thanks fans after posting her first No. 1 hit:
More Selena Gomez News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'