Keri Hilson's Comeback Album to Feature Collaborations With Kanye West
After taking a lengthy break from music, Keri Hilson has revealed her plan to make a comeback soon. In a recent interview with XXL, the 30-year-old R&B singer announced that she worked with Kanye West on some tracks in her upcoming album.
Hilson, who previously collaborated with West on a single called "Knock You Down", said, "I already have throughout my break. I've actually worked with him." However, Hilson refused to give more details about the collaboration, saying, "I can't say much about it, but it was awesome. He's a genius. I really, really enjoyed working with him."
When asked when she'd drop a new single, Hilson said, "Definitely this year, but I can't say. When you say something, people hold you to it. I never know what's going to happen." Hilson went on saying that she wanted to give fans the best. "I don't want to rush. I don't want to release something that I don't feel wholeheartedly about," she added.
With a comeback album in the works after long hiatus, Hilson said that she wouldn't need to re-introduce herself and her music to the world. "I feel like people are just going to know. The music is going to speak for itself," she said. "I've been blessed to have fans all over the world. I know that they will hold me down and spread the word."
"It was kind of word of mouth driven. Social networking driven to tell people. It's driven all by the music. It's not from my fashion. It's not from anything but my lyrics. Just the songs. The music and the feeling people get from it. I'm most proud about that. I think this time around it will be the same way with a bigger impact," she explained.
- Selena Gomez Chops Off Her Hair - See Her New Short Haircut!
- DC to Bring Beast Boy to Life in Live-Action Series 'Titans'
- 'Star Wars Episode IX', 'Indiana Jones 5', 'Frozen 2' Get Release Dates
- Is DC Comedy 'Powerless' Canceled by NBC?
- Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner Join Live-Action 'Lion King'
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?