'Ray Donovan' Sets New Premiere Record for Showtime
"Ray Donovan" attracted a huge number of audience for Showtime on its debut, Sunday, June 30. The show's premiere drew 1.4 million viewers in its 10 P.M. timeslot, according to Nielsen, surpassing the 1.1 million that "Homeland" garnered when it premiered in 2011.
It marks the best ratings ever for a Showtime original series premiere. The record was previously held by the Claire Danes-starring thriller. When an encore airing is counted, the new drama delivered a total of 2.22 million series that night.
"Ray Donovan" surely owes "Dexter" for the big premiere number, being led by the veteran thriller which broke its own season premiere record with a total of 2.5 million viewers. The crime drama series saw a 4% increase from last season's premiere. When repeat is factored in, the opener for "Dexter" final installment posted 3.2 million viewers that night.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off