'Ray Donovan' Sets New Premiere Record for Showtime
"Ray Donovan" attracted a huge number of audience for Showtime on its debut, Sunday, June 30. The show's premiere drew 1.4 million viewers in its 10 P.M. timeslot, according to Nielsen, surpassing the 1.1 million that "Homeland" garnered when it premiered in 2011.
It marks the best ratings ever for a Showtime original series premiere. The record was previously held by the Claire Danes-starring thriller. When an encore airing is counted, the new drama delivered a total of 2.22 million series that night.
"Ray Donovan" surely owes "Dexter" for the big premiere number, being led by the veteran thriller which broke its own season premiere record with a total of 2.5 million viewers. The crime drama series saw a 4% increase from last season's premiere. When repeat is factored in, the opener for "Dexter" final installment posted 3.2 million viewers that night.
More Ray Donovan News
- Tom Hiddleston in 'Advance Talks' to Star in 'Bond 25'
- Beyonce Steps Out With Jay-Z Wearing Bright Yellow Pants and Tiny Lemon Sticker on Her Phone
- Johnny Depp's Lawyer Reacts to Amber Heard's Domestic Abuse Claims
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November