'Ray Donovan' Sets New Premiere Record for Showtime
"Ray Donovan" attracted a huge number of audience for Showtime on its debut, Sunday, June 30. The show's premiere drew 1.4 million viewers in its 10 P.M. timeslot, according to Nielsen, surpassing the 1.1 million that "Homeland" garnered when it premiered in 2011.
It marks the best ratings ever for a Showtime original series premiere. The record was previously held by the Claire Danes-starring thriller. When an encore airing is counted, the new drama delivered a total of 2.22 million series that night.
"Ray Donovan" surely owes "Dexter" for the big premiere number, being led by the veteran thriller which broke its own season premiere record with a total of 2.5 million viewers. The crime drama series saw a 4% increase from last season's premiere. When repeat is factored in, the opener for "Dexter" final installment posted 3.2 million viewers that night.
More Ray Donovan News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding