'Ray Donovan' Sets New Premiere Record for Showtime
"Ray Donovan" attracted a huge number of audience for Showtime on its debut, Sunday, June 30. The show's premiere drew 1.4 million viewers in its 10 P.M. timeslot, according to Nielsen, surpassing the 1.1 million that "Homeland" garnered when it premiered in 2011.
It marks the best ratings ever for a Showtime original series premiere. The record was previously held by the Claire Danes-starring thriller. When an encore airing is counted, the new drama delivered a total of 2.22 million series that night.
"Ray Donovan" surely owes "Dexter" for the big premiere number, being led by the veteran thriller which broke its own season premiere record with a total of 2.5 million viewers. The crime drama series saw a 4% increase from last season's premiere. When repeat is factored in, the opener for "Dexter" final installment posted 3.2 million viewers that night.
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion