'Ray Donovan' Sets New Premiere Record for Showtime
"Ray Donovan" attracted a huge number of audience for Showtime on its debut, Sunday, June 30. The show's premiere drew 1.4 million viewers in its 10 P.M. timeslot, according to Nielsen, surpassing the 1.1 million that "Homeland" garnered when it premiered in 2011.
It marks the best ratings ever for a Showtime original series premiere. The record was previously held by the Claire Danes-starring thriller. When an encore airing is counted, the new drama delivered a total of 2.22 million series that night.
"Ray Donovan" surely owes "Dexter" for the big premiere number, being led by the veteran thriller which broke its own season premiere record with a total of 2.5 million viewers. The crime drama series saw a 4% increase from last season's premiere. When repeat is factored in, the opener for "Dexter" final installment posted 3.2 million viewers that night.
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover