BET Awards 2013: Nicki Minaj and Kendrick Lamar Are Best Hip-Hop Artists
More trophies have been handed out at the ongoing 2013 BET Awards, which is taking place at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles. Following the likes of Miguel, Jamie Foxx and Gabrielle Douglas who were among early winners at the event, Nicki Minaj has bagged one award.
The former "American Idol" judge, who joined Chris Brown to kick off the show with "Don't Think They Know", was dubbed Best Female Hip-Hop Artist, defeating Azealia Banks, Eve, Rasheeda and Rye Rye who were also nominated in the same category. "This is my fourth award in a row. Every time I win, it's a humbling experience," so she said on stage.
Having nabbed the Best New Artist Award, Kendrick Lamar added a trophy to his shelf by taking home Best Male Hip-Hop Artist, his second award of the night. This time, he accepted the trophy on stage, stating, "This is living proof that you can do anything you put your mind to."
Chris Tucker is hosting the star-studded ceremony, which will also present awards to winners of Best Male and Female R&B/Pop Artists, Best Group and Video of the Year among others.
- Ciara Hits Recording Studio
- Jason Momoa's 'Aquaman' Gets New Release Date
- Report: David and Victoria Beckham Are Separating
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie