Westboro Baptist Church Calls Taylor Swift 'Wh*re'
It seems Taylor Swift's string of highly-publicized romance has not only given her some of her biggest hits but now, it had also gotten the attention of extreme ideologies group Westboro Baptist Church. The 23-year-old entertainer's past relationships have just made her the new target of the Topeka, Kansas-based organization, which has branded her a "wh*re" and is planning to picket her forthcoming August 3 concert at the Sprint Center in Kansas City.
"@TaylorSwift13 works her 'girl next door' country-singer shtick, while hopping from one young man to the next and strutting across the world stage like a proud whore," the WBC wrote. They went on to criticize the singer for not using her immense popularity and massive Twitter following to tell young women to "stop fornicating" and "obey God."
The WBC has even gone to the extreme of naming Swift the "poster child for the young wh*res of doomed America" because of her "immodest vulgar appearance," "serial fornication" and "sin-coddling songs." The group is calling on its followers to picket Swift's Kansas concert, since "she's coming into our backyard. We're gonna go preach to her," says WBC member Ben Phelps, grandson of the unaffiliated Baptist church's leader Fred Phelps Sr.
Swift is not the first artist who has been threatened with a protest by the WBC, which has gained a reputation for making threats to picket various shows but don't actually see it through. Prior to Swift, they have protested many others, most shamelessly so far was when they picketed the funeral of the late screen goddess Elizabeth Taylor.
More Taylor Swift News
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years
- Nick Young Wants Chris Brown Out of Their Neighborhood: 'You're Making the Block Hot'
- New 'Jumanji' Film Adds Karen Gillan in Major Role
- Black Eyed Peas Remakes 'Where Is the Love' With Usher, Jaden Smith and More for Charity
- Emma Roberts Goes Topless for Mario Testino's Towel Series Shot
- Hot Mama! Bar Refaeli Flaunts Her Bikini Body Just Three Weeks After Giving Birth
- ABC Reveals Nick Viall as the Next Bachelor and Spoils the Result of His 'Paradise' Stint
- New 'Doctor Strange' Featurette Offers New Details About Ancient One, Mordo and Kaecilius