Mischa Barton Slams 'Bling Ring' for Referencing Her DUI Arrest
Mischa Barton is apparently not a fan of "The Bling Ring", which was inspired by the real-life notorious group of Calabasas teenage burglars. The 27-year-old model and actress has recently taken to Twitter to slam the Sofia Coppola flick, in which one of the characters mentions her 2007 drunk driving shame, saying in the film, "Mischa Barton got a DUI."
"Really #sofiacoppola #theblingring my name? Shame on you," tweeted Barton on June 26, admitting that the line completely bothered her. The on-screen love interest of Enrique Iglesias in "Addicted" music video then added, "The whole idea of this movie, granted, I haven't seen it, creeps me out #theblingring. #undeserved."
Still annoyed by the Emma Watson-starring feature, Barton posted another tweet the next day. "Why does this movie sound so awful! Wish it didn't exist #theblingring," she wrote.
While Barton is not pleased about it, Paris Hilton, on the other hand, has repeatedly sung praises for the drama, which opened in select theater on June 14 in the U.S.
"I loved The @BlingRingMovie! Sofia Coppola is such a talented director. @EmWatson and the rest of the cast were amazing! #AMustSeeFilm," Hilton tweeted on June 16.
"The Bling Ring" has grossed $4.9 million worldwide.
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion