Mischa Barton Slams 'Bling Ring' for Referencing Her DUI Arrest
Mischa Barton is apparently not a fan of "The Bling Ring", which was inspired by the real-life notorious group of Calabasas teenage burglars. The 27-year-old model and actress has recently taken to Twitter to slam the Sofia Coppola flick, in which one of the characters mentions her 2007 drunk driving shame, saying in the film, "Mischa Barton got a DUI."
"Really #sofiacoppola #theblingring my name? Shame on you," tweeted Barton on June 26, admitting that the line completely bothered her. The on-screen love interest of Enrique Iglesias in "Addicted" music video then added, "The whole idea of this movie, granted, I haven't seen it, creeps me out #theblingring. #undeserved."
Still annoyed by the Emma Watson-starring feature, Barton posted another tweet the next day. "Why does this movie sound so awful! Wish it didn't exist #theblingring," she wrote.
While Barton is not pleased about it, Paris Hilton, on the other hand, has repeatedly sung praises for the drama, which opened in select theater on June 14 in the U.S.
"I loved The @BlingRingMovie! Sofia Coppola is such a talented director. @EmWatson and the rest of the cast were amazing! #AMustSeeFilm," Hilton tweeted on June 16.
"The Bling Ring" has grossed $4.9 million worldwide.
- Linkin Park Nabs Sixth No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'One More Light'
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie