Mischa Barton Slams 'Bling Ring' for Referencing Her DUI Arrest
Mischa Barton is apparently not a fan of "The Bling Ring", which was inspired by the real-life notorious group of Calabasas teenage burglars. The 27-year-old model and actress has recently taken to Twitter to slam the Sofia Coppola flick, in which one of the characters mentions her 2007 drunk driving shame, saying in the film, "Mischa Barton got a DUI."
"Really #sofiacoppola #theblingring my name? Shame on you," tweeted Barton on June 26, admitting that the line completely bothered her. The on-screen love interest of Enrique Iglesias in "Addicted" music video then added, "The whole idea of this movie, granted, I haven't seen it, creeps me out #theblingring. #undeserved."
Still annoyed by the Emma Watson-starring feature, Barton posted another tweet the next day. "Why does this movie sound so awful! Wish it didn't exist #theblingring," she wrote.
While Barton is not pleased about it, Paris Hilton, on the other hand, has repeatedly sung praises for the drama, which opened in select theater on June 14 in the U.S.
"I loved The @BlingRingMovie! Sofia Coppola is such a talented director. @EmWatson and the rest of the cast were amazing! #AMustSeeFilm," Hilton tweeted on June 16.
"The Bling Ring" has grossed $4.9 million worldwide.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy