Shannon Richardson Charged With Mailing Toxic Letter to President Obama
Shannon Richardson, who has appeared on "The Walking Dead" and "The Vampire Diaries", was indicted on Friday, June 28 on charges in connection with ricin-laced letters sent to President Barack Obama and New York mayor Michael Bloomberg.
The actress, whose complete name is Shannon Rogers Guess Richardson, was charged with two counts of mailing a threatening communication and one count of making a threat against the President of the United States.
Shannon faces up to five years in prison on each of the charges. She initially informed authorities that the toxic mails were sent by her husband, army veteran Nathaniel Richardson, but investigation by FBI found out that she was the one who mailed the dangerous packages.
The letter sent to the mayor contained strong protests against gun control. "You will have to kill me and my family before you get my guns," it read. "Anyone who wants to come to my house will get shot in the face. The right to bear arms is my constitutional God given right and I will exercise that right till the day I die."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics