Shannon Richardson Charged With Mailing Toxic Letter to President Obama
Shannon Richardson, who has appeared on "The Walking Dead" and "The Vampire Diaries", was indicted on Friday, June 28 on charges in connection with ricin-laced letters sent to President Barack Obama and New York mayor Michael Bloomberg.
The actress, whose complete name is Shannon Rogers Guess Richardson, was charged with two counts of mailing a threatening communication and one count of making a threat against the President of the United States.
Shannon faces up to five years in prison on each of the charges. She initially informed authorities that the toxic mails were sent by her husband, army veteran Nathaniel Richardson, but investigation by FBI found out that she was the one who mailed the dangerous packages.
The letter sent to the mayor contained strong protests against gun control. "You will have to kill me and my family before you get my guns," it read. "Anyone who wants to come to my house will get shot in the face. The right to bear arms is my constitutional God given right and I will exercise that right till the day I die."
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake