Shannon Richardson Charged With Mailing Toxic Letter to President Obama
Shannon Richardson, who has appeared on "The Walking Dead" and "The Vampire Diaries", was indicted on Friday, June 28 on charges in connection with ricin-laced letters sent to President Barack Obama and New York mayor Michael Bloomberg.
The actress, whose complete name is Shannon Rogers Guess Richardson, was charged with two counts of mailing a threatening communication and one count of making a threat against the President of the United States.
Shannon faces up to five years in prison on each of the charges. She initially informed authorities that the toxic mails were sent by her husband, army veteran Nathaniel Richardson, but investigation by FBI found out that she was the one who mailed the dangerous packages.
The letter sent to the mayor contained strong protests against gun control. "You will have to kill me and my family before you get my guns," it read. "Anyone who wants to come to my house will get shot in the face. The right to bear arms is my constitutional God given right and I will exercise that right till the day I die."
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off