Shannon Richardson Charged With Mailing Toxic Letter to President Obama
Shannon Richardson, who has appeared on "The Walking Dead" and "The Vampire Diaries", was indicted on Friday, June 28 on charges in connection with ricin-laced letters sent to President Barack Obama and New York mayor Michael Bloomberg.
The actress, whose complete name is Shannon Rogers Guess Richardson, was charged with two counts of mailing a threatening communication and one count of making a threat against the President of the United States.
Shannon faces up to five years in prison on each of the charges. She initially informed authorities that the toxic mails were sent by her husband, army veteran Nathaniel Richardson, but investigation by FBI found out that she was the one who mailed the dangerous packages.
The letter sent to the mayor contained strong protests against gun control. "You will have to kill me and my family before you get my guns," it read. "Anyone who wants to come to my house will get shot in the face. The right to bear arms is my constitutional God given right and I will exercise that right till the day I die."
- Khloe Kardashian Divorces Lamar Odom to Find New Husband and Have Kids
- Amy Schumer Mocks Selena Gomez and 'Relatable' Stars in Hilarious Skit. Watch Selena's Response
- 'Fast 8' Cast Goofing Around During First Day on Set
- Taylor Lautner Laughs So Hard at His Naked 'Twilight' Fan Art
- Nick Jonas Reveals He Doesn't Talk to Exes Olivia Culpo and Miley Cyrus Anymore
- Trailer of James Franco's Twisted 'Mother, May I Sleep with Danger?' Remake Is Here!
- 'Glee' Alum Mark Salling Indicted on Child Pornography Charges
- Check Out New 'Star Trek Beyond' Photos