Shannon Richardson Charged With Mailing Toxic Letter to President Obama
Shannon Richardson, who has appeared on "The Walking Dead" and "The Vampire Diaries", was indicted on Friday, June 28 on charges in connection with ricin-laced letters sent to President Barack Obama and New York mayor Michael Bloomberg.
The actress, whose complete name is Shannon Rogers Guess Richardson, was charged with two counts of mailing a threatening communication and one count of making a threat against the President of the United States.
Shannon faces up to five years in prison on each of the charges. She initially informed authorities that the toxic mails were sent by her husband, army veteran Nathaniel Richardson, but investigation by FBI found out that she was the one who mailed the dangerous packages.
The letter sent to the mayor contained strong protests against gun control. "You will have to kill me and my family before you get my guns," it read. "Anyone who wants to come to my house will get shot in the face. The right to bear arms is my constitutional God given right and I will exercise that right till the day I die."
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked