Arctic Monkeys and Dizzee Rascal Rock Day 1 of 2013 Glastonbury Festival
After taking a year off last year in lieu of the London Summer Olympics, the 2013 Glastonbury Festival returned with a bang Friday, June 28 at the Pilton farms in Somerset, in South West England. The four-day music fest kicked off with headliners the Arctic Monkeys supported by a packed line-up of performers that included Dizzee Rascal, Liam Gallagher's new Beady Eye band, and many more.
As headliners, the Arctic Monkeys closed Day 1 of the festival, performing to a jam-packed crowd from the Pyramid stage. The band kicked off their set with a new single "Do I Wanna Know" before playing the rest of their set featuring "I Bet You Look Good on the Dance Floor" which lead vocalist Alex Turner dedicated to the ladies in the audience. Turner's The Last Shadow Puppets band mate Miles Kane made a surprise appearance, playfully singing the opening lines to Coldplay's "Yellow" before dedicating the "Happy Birthday" song to her mom who was in attendance.
Also heating up the Pyramid stage was English rapper Dizzee Rascal, who mostly dished out songs from his new album "The Fifth". His forthcoming album boasts of some superstar collaborators like will.i.am on "Something Really Bad" and Robbie Williams who was featured in his track "Goin Crazy", but unfortunately, both were not able to join the rapper onstage.
Also rocking the festival earlier in the day were Haim who drew the first big crowd of the day and The Vaccines who performed songs from their latest album. Even before noon, Gallagher's Beady Eye were already playing a secret show at the Other stage.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked