Janelle Monae Sets 'The Electric Lady' Release Date, Debuts 'Dance Apocalyptic'
As she gears up for a live performance at the 2013 BET Awards on June 30, R'n'B songstress Janelle Monae announced the September 10 release date of her sophomore studio album "The Electric Lady". The 27-year-old songbird's forthcoming LP features the songs "Q.U.E.E.N", her collaboration with the Grammy Award-winning Erykah Badu, as well as the just released "Dance Apocalyptic".
"The Electric Lady" serves as Monae's follow-up to her Grammy nominated debut album, "The ArchAndroid" released back in 2010. Recorded entirely at the singer's Wondaland studio, it includes tracks featuring such artists as the iconic Prince and "Adorn" singer Miguel.
Following the release of lead single "Q.U.E.E.N" last month, Monae released her upcoming album's official second single "Dance Apocalyptic". Apart from the full audio track, the soul singer also unveiled a short 28-second teaser clip announcing the July 2 premiere of the funky track's full music video, as directed by Wendy Morgan and Pierre Rouger.
As fans await the new visual offering from Monae, they can see her first at the 2013 BET Awards as she performs live from the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles, along with other line-up headliners Mariah Carey, Justin Timberlake, Nicki Minaj, Kendrick Lamar, Chris Brown and R. Kelly. Hosting the ceremony will be comedian Chris Tucker while presenting the awards are La La Vazquez a.k.a. La La Anthony, Angela Bassett, Paula Patton and Gabrielle Union.
Janelle Monae's "Dance Apocalyptic":
More Janelle Monae News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed