Channing Tatum Had 'Crying Fits' Watching Wife Give Birth to Baby Everly
Channing Tatum is a big, strong man who usually portrays a tough guy on the big screen, but he easily succumbed to multiple rounds of tears when watching Jenna Dewan give birth to their daughter, baby Everly. "I probably went to the bathroom four times and had a crying fit," he said. "Like, I'm just like, I don't know what to do!"
The "White House Down" actor, 33, told Chelsea Handler that seeing his wife struggling through the delivery without being able to ease her pain was torture. "It's like someone's hurting, someone that you love and you can't do anything about it," the new dad explained on "Chelsea Lately". "You physically cannot help."
"And I'm still not helping and the baby's out," the hunky star joked. "It doesn't matter. You are useless." Finding newfound respect for the opposite sex after watching the painful process, he additionally said, "Men are useless but like, we are really useless during this. The baby's gonna come out whether you're there or not."
"There's a real reason why God did not give [men] the ability to have babies, because we would not be able to do it," he continued. "I don't know how [women] do it. It's a real thing. It's like National Geographic animal-style for real. I don't get it."
Now that the baby is born, Tatum is clearly trying to do everything he could, knowing how the labor took up his wife's energy, to give his girls their peace. In a different interview with ET Canada, he said that he posted a picture of him and his wife with their daughter on Instagram shortly after the labor in order to stop paparazzi from hounding the three of them.
He's also embracing fatherhood so well. "I've never been so excited when something poos," he gushed on "Good Morning America". "I just get so amped up because I'm in the game now ... I've gotten so good at changing diapers, swaddling and get it back before she cries."
Another thing that excited him was Father's Day. "Oh wow, I get a whole 'nother holiday, this is great!" he said to Handler.
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic