Channing Tatum Had 'Crying Fits' Watching Wife Give Birth to Baby Everly
Channing Tatum is a big, strong man who usually portrays a tough guy on the big screen, but he easily succumbed to multiple rounds of tears when watching Jenna Dewan give birth to their daughter, baby Everly. "I probably went to the bathroom four times and had a crying fit," he said. "Like, I'm just like, I don't know what to do!"
The "White House Down" actor, 33, told Chelsea Handler that seeing his wife struggling through the delivery without being able to ease her pain was torture. "It's like someone's hurting, someone that you love and you can't do anything about it," the new dad explained on "Chelsea Lately". "You physically cannot help."
"And I'm still not helping and the baby's out," the hunky star joked. "It doesn't matter. You are useless." Finding newfound respect for the opposite sex after watching the painful process, he additionally said, "Men are useless but like, we are really useless during this. The baby's gonna come out whether you're there or not."
"There's a real reason why God did not give [men] the ability to have babies, because we would not be able to do it," he continued. "I don't know how [women] do it. It's a real thing. It's like National Geographic animal-style for real. I don't get it."
Now that the baby is born, Tatum is clearly trying to do everything he could, knowing how the labor took up his wife's energy, to give his girls their peace. In a different interview with ET Canada, he said that he posted a picture of him and his wife with their daughter on Instagram shortly after the labor in order to stop paparazzi from hounding the three of them.
He's also embracing fatherhood so well. "I've never been so excited when something poos," he gushed on "Good Morning America". "I just get so amped up because I'm in the game now ... I've gotten so good at changing diapers, swaddling and get it back before she cries."
Another thing that excited him was Father's Day. "Oh wow, I get a whole 'nother holiday, this is great!" he said to Handler.
More Channing Tatum News
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video