Alec Baldwin Explains Homophobic Slur Used in Twitter Rant
Alec Baldwin has offered explanation concerning homophobic slur that he used when he went ballistic on Twitter after his wife was accused of tweeting during James Gandolfini's funeral service. In his Twitter rant, the actor called a Daily Mail reporter toxic "queen" and launched other offensive words. Speaking to the Gothamist, the 55-year-old actor said that the "queen" word he used has different meaning.
"The idea of ... that being something that people thought is homophobic ... a queen to me has a different meaning. It's somebody who's just above," Baldwin said. He added that he would have moved out of New York long time ago if he were a homophobe.
Baldwin explained further, "I know women that act queeny, I know men that are straight that act queeny, and I know gay men that act queeny. It doesn't have to be a definite sexual connotation, or a homophobic connotation. To me those are people who think the rules don't apply to them."
Following the violent outburst, Baldwin also sent a letter to GLAAD to explain his choice of words and apologize. "My ill-advised attack on George Stark...had absolutely nothing to do with issues of anyone's sexual orientation. My anger was directed at Mr. Stark for blatantly lying and disseminating libelous information about my wife and her conduct at our friend's funeral service. As someone who fights against homophobia, I apologize," Baldwin wrote, as reported by Fox News.
Daily Mail reporter George Stark incorrectly reported that his wife Hilaria Thomas tweeted during "The Sopranos" actor's funeral. The hot-blooded Baldwin exploded on Twitter after learning of the accusation. "George Stark, you lying little b***h. I am gonna you up. My wife and I attend a funeral to pay our respects to an old friend, and some toxic Brit writes this f***ing trash. (I'd) put my foot up your f***king ass, George Stark, but I'm sure you'd dig it too much. I'm gonna find you, George Stark, you toxic little queen, and I'm gonna f***k...you...up," he wrote angrily.
More Alec Baldwin News
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked
- North West Serves as Flower Girl at a Wedding and Dances Adorably at the Party
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose