Prince, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Jennifer Lopez Among Academy's New Members
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has unveiled 276 names that have been invited to join the organization this year. Among surprising new members in a list posted on the official site are Grammy winner Prince, Jennifer Lopez, "The Hangover" helmer Todd Phillips, Danny Trejo and Milla Jovovich.
In the Actors category, "Don Jon" star and director Joseph Gordon-Levitt is also invited to vote for the Oscars next year. Jason Bateman, Chris Tucker, Lucy Liu, Sandra Oh, Rebecca Hall and Paula Patton are some other stars that make the list announced on Friday, June 28.
Another interesting selection of invitees is the Directors category, which includes Nikolaj Arcel, whose 2012 movie "A Royal Affair" earned Oscar nomination for Best Foreign Language Film, and duo Joachim Ronning and Espen Sandberg, the men behind Oscar and Golden Globe-nominated "Kon-Tiki". "The Heat" helmer Paul Feig is added to it as well.
Additionally, "Tiny Furniture" writer/director/actress Lena Dunham, "The Simpsons" creator Matt Groening and "Paranormal Activity" producer Jason Blum are among other new members.
"These individuals are among the best filmmakers working in the industry today," says Academy president Hawk Koch in a statement. "Their talent and creativity have captured the imagination of audiences worldwide, and I am proud to welcome each of them to the Academy."
- DJ Snake Unveils Snippet of Selena Gomez's Version of 'Let Me Love You'
- Britney Spears Calls James Corden 'So Dirty' in Sneak Peek of Their Carpool Karaoke
- Blac Chyna Sued Over Car Crash Caused by Her Friend
- Tyga Ordered to Pay Another Former Landlord $186,000 for Damages
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'