Prince, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Jennifer Lopez Among Academy's New Members
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has unveiled 276 names that have been invited to join the organization this year. Among surprising new members in a list posted on the official site are Grammy winner Prince, Jennifer Lopez, "The Hangover" helmer Todd Phillips, Danny Trejo and Milla Jovovich.
In the Actors category, "Don Jon" star and director Joseph Gordon-Levitt is also invited to vote for the Oscars next year. Jason Bateman, Chris Tucker, Lucy Liu, Sandra Oh, Rebecca Hall and Paula Patton are some other stars that make the list announced on Friday, June 28.
Another interesting selection of invitees is the Directors category, which includes Nikolaj Arcel, whose 2012 movie "A Royal Affair" earned Oscar nomination for Best Foreign Language Film, and duo Joachim Ronning and Espen Sandberg, the men behind Oscar and Golden Globe-nominated "Kon-Tiki". "The Heat" helmer Paul Feig is added to it as well.
Additionally, "Tiny Furniture" writer/director/actress Lena Dunham, "The Simpsons" creator Matt Groening and "Paranormal Activity" producer Jason Blum are among other new members.
"These individuals are among the best filmmakers working in the industry today," says Academy president Hawk Koch in a statement. "Their talent and creativity have captured the imagination of audiences worldwide, and I am proud to welcome each of them to the Academy."
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy