Avenged Sevenfold Announces New Album, 'Hail to the King'
Avenged Sevenfold has announced that their new album is on the way. The album entitled "Hail to the King" is set to be released on August 27 via Warner Bros. Record. The Band has also unveiled the cover art for the album. The artwork sees the band's signature skull and wing cartoonished.
"Hail to the King" will be the band's sixth studio album. The follow-up to 2010's "Nightmare" will be produced by Mike Elizondo, who has worked with musicians including Dr. Dre, Eminem, Maroon 5, Natasha Bedingfield and Fiona Apple.
The album will also mark the first Avenged Sevenfold album that features drummer Arin Ilejay. Ilejay replaces the late James Sullivan a.k.a. "The Rev", who died of accidental overdose back in December 2009.
"The new album has a lot more of a [Black] Sabbath / [Led] Zeppelin feel to it than 'Carry On'," frontman M. Shadows said of the upcoming album last year. "There's definitely more Sabbath in what we're writing, and we're proud of 'Carry On', but this album is going to be on a whole new level."
To celebrate the release of their new album, Avenged Sevenfold will play a free show at The Hollywood Palladium on August 26. The band will then travel to U.K. and Ireland in December to promote the album.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'