Avenged Sevenfold Announces New Album, 'Hail to the King'
Avenged Sevenfold has announced that their new album is on the way. The album entitled "Hail to the King" is set to be released on August 27 via Warner Bros. Record. The Band has also unveiled the cover art for the album. The artwork sees the band's signature skull and wing cartoonished.
"Hail to the King" will be the band's sixth studio album. The follow-up to 2010's "Nightmare" will be produced by Mike Elizondo, who has worked with musicians including Dr. Dre, Eminem, Maroon 5, Natasha Bedingfield and Fiona Apple.
The album will also mark the first Avenged Sevenfold album that features drummer Arin Ilejay. Ilejay replaces the late James Sullivan a.k.a. "The Rev", who died of accidental overdose back in December 2009.
"The new album has a lot more of a [Black] Sabbath / [Led] Zeppelin feel to it than 'Carry On'," frontman M. Shadows said of the upcoming album last year. "There's definitely more Sabbath in what we're writing, and we're proud of 'Carry On', but this album is going to be on a whole new level."
To celebrate the release of their new album, Avenged Sevenfold will play a free show at The Hollywood Palladium on August 26. The band will then travel to U.K. and Ireland in December to promote the album.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic