Avenged Sevenfold Announces New Album, 'Hail to the King'
Avenged Sevenfold has announced that their new album is on the way. The album entitled "Hail to the King" is set to be released on August 27 via Warner Bros. Record. The Band has also unveiled the cover art for the album. The artwork sees the band's signature skull and wing cartoonished.
"Hail to the King" will be the band's sixth studio album. The follow-up to 2010's "Nightmare" will be produced by Mike Elizondo, who has worked with musicians including Dr. Dre, Eminem, Maroon 5, Natasha Bedingfield and Fiona Apple.
The album will also mark the first Avenged Sevenfold album that features drummer Arin Ilejay. Ilejay replaces the late James Sullivan a.k.a. "The Rev", who died of accidental overdose back in December 2009.
"The new album has a lot more of a [Black] Sabbath / [Led] Zeppelin feel to it than 'Carry On'," frontman M. Shadows said of the upcoming album last year. "There's definitely more Sabbath in what we're writing, and we're proud of 'Carry On', but this album is going to be on a whole new level."
To celebrate the release of their new album, Avenged Sevenfold will play a free show at The Hollywood Palladium on August 26. The band will then travel to U.K. and Ireland in December to promote the album.
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce