Avenged Sevenfold Announces New Album, 'Hail to the King'
Avenged Sevenfold has announced that their new album is on the way. The album entitled "Hail to the King" is set to be released on August 27 via Warner Bros. Record. The Band has also unveiled the cover art for the album. The artwork sees the band's signature skull and wing cartoonished.
"Hail to the King" will be the band's sixth studio album. The follow-up to 2010's "Nightmare" will be produced by Mike Elizondo, who has worked with musicians including Dr. Dre, Eminem, Maroon 5, Natasha Bedingfield and Fiona Apple.
The album will also mark the first Avenged Sevenfold album that features drummer Arin Ilejay. Ilejay replaces the late James Sullivan a.k.a. "The Rev", who died of accidental overdose back in December 2009.
"The new album has a lot more of a [Black] Sabbath / [Led] Zeppelin feel to it than 'Carry On'," frontman M. Shadows said of the upcoming album last year. "There's definitely more Sabbath in what we're writing, and we're proud of 'Carry On', but this album is going to be on a whole new level."
To celebrate the release of their new album, Avenged Sevenfold will play a free show at The Hollywood Palladium on August 26. The band will then travel to U.K. and Ireland in December to promote the album.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son