'How to Make Money Selling Drugs' Clip: Eminem and His Battle With Drugs
"Had I got to the hospital about two hours later, I would have died," so Eminem says of darkest moment in his life in a new clip from documentary "How to Make Money Selling Drugs", currently playing in select theaters. The "Love the Way You Lie" rapper opens up about how deep his drug addiction was and how close it almost took his life.
"When I took my first Vicodin, it was like this feeling of 'Ahh.' Like everything was not only mellow, but [I] didn't feel any pain ... I just remember liking it more and more," he says in the video. It was not until he mixed pills and got rushed to the hospital in critical condition that he realized it was a problem. "My organs were shutting down. My liver, kidneys, everything," he adds.
Eminem is one of some celebrities featured in the movie having a say on violent but extremely lucrative drug industry in America. The likes of 50 Cent and Def Jam co-founder Russell Simmons also make appearances in it, which is co-produced by "Entourage" actor Adrian Grenier.
Of his high-profile interview subjects, director Matthew Cooke says to Maxim.com that "it wasn't just random people." He explains, "The celebrities were also picked because they have an invested interest in talking about [the issues] they brought to the screen."
"I think everyone in the film who participated was the best representative we could find to speak to a particular aspect of this very complex and deeply relevant, moving issue."
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son